“Five Stars and Worth Every One!”

Gratzzi Italian Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Gratzzi Italian Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 969 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Ave South
Description: If you're craving classic Italian food in a classy environment, Gratzzi Italian Grille is the place to eat. Choose from your favorite sultry pasta, meat dishes, including chicken, seafood and veal among others. Gratzzi's menu offers an array of feasts to satisfy your Italian cravings, which also includes classic insalatas and paninis for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

What a pleasant experience! We looked at the menu, ordered a glass of white wine and the antipasto for two. Then we decided to get one pizza -- rustica, with lots of meats. Both dishes were perfection on a plate: the only bad part was we ate so much we couldn't order an entree! No problem: we came back the next night. I had the caprese salad and the grilled salmon with a pesto risotto (I confess that I am going to try to recreate that risotto when my basil crop comes in.) My husband ordered the "bada bing" pasta -- flaming vodka sauce and the dish scooped into a hollowed round of parmesano for super cheesy goodness. That is an incredible dish. I must also tell you that Domenic D'Angelo was not only gracious, the perfect host, he knows his wines (and stocks them), and he presides over an excellent kitchen and a happy dining room. Marvelous wait staff. Biggest surprise: his cousin Andrea Apuzzo runs Andrea's in New Orleans, another favorite. YOU HAVE TO EAT AT GRATZZI. (and you will say "gratzzi" for this suggestion.)

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just outstanding! Went for the early bird specials which offered a great variety at a very very reasonable price($13). I had the stuffed shells bolognese which was excellent. I am not a big eater but I finished every bit of it and the portions are all good size. Throw in the $3 glass(or two) of very good house Chianti in a very nice atmosphere and you have an excellent dining experience for less then $20 a head(minus tip of course). Service was excellent. I don't normally rave about prices(I'm not about THE deal and don't believe I've ever mentioned prices in a review before) but to have this kind of meal for the price is amazing. Go!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We just moved our boat to St. Pete and we always check Trip Advisor for the top restaurants. After reading the reviews I decided to give this place a try. This was by far the best Italian restaurant that we have been to in Florida. The Italian Wedding Soup was fabulous and my hubby loved the Supa DePesci...he said it was THE best he ever had! We will definetly go there again especially on Monday's when they have 50% off bottles of wine!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food was absolutely excellent. I had a creamy pesto on tortellini. I asked the server to suggest a dry, red wine. She made a good choice. Still as a solo diner, she left me alone for great lengths of time. I ran out of wine, bread, water. I know servers think solo diners won't tip well but it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when you neglect a customer.

When I go back to the area, I will be back at the restaurant though!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is our favorite place to eat. Granted we walk out the door to our place and it's right there but so are about a dozen other restaurants. The food is always fresh and tastful. They probably have the best pizza in town even though they are not a pizza place. Their traditional and non traditional Italiam food is always wonderful. Atmosphere has a NYC feel.