“Not fancy but awesome food”

Old Northeast Taven
Ranked #116 of 927 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We went based on TripAdvisor reviews. Set in an old neighborhood we were amazed at the menu and beer choices. Our meals were superb. The tavern isn't a fancy setting. It is s terrific neighborhood. tavern with exceptional food.

A great tavern. I the Smoked salmon appetizer as my entre - terrific. My husbands sandwich was huge and tasty. He liked the beer so much he located a place to get it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were able to walk to this restaurant from a show we saw at the Palladium. It is in such a quaint neighborhood, and the building itself reminded me a little of the Key West type restaurants, so don't expect anything fancy when you walk in, just a fantastic original deli type sandwich with great unusual sides. There were 8 of us, and we enjoyed the beer, wine and teas. The original sandwich menu was perfect, and we ordered two strawberry banana appetizer choices to share for dessert...delicious! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank msmith
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was recommended to us by one of the locals. Very inventive menu, and an extensive beer and wine menu. We had a seafood salad, an apple walnut salad, and smoked salmon crostini. All were great! If you are staying near Beach Drive, this is definitely worth the time to seek out.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know anything about this restaurant when I came in. Has an old quaint atmosphere but the beer on tap is fabulous and so is the food! I had the protein salad. Delicious and hit the spot. My husband had the steak sandwich. Out of this world. My daughter had pizza and it wasn't as good as the salads and sandwiches but still good. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Good beer and wine selection. We enjoyed the few drinks we had here. Would highly recommend. Service was good and it was a nice, friendly atmosphere. We will be back again!