“Fun!”

Speed Boat Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the adventure of a lifetime on our Speed Boat Adventure Tour! On this guided and narrated tour with a twist, you are the captain of your own speedboat. Follow our trained and knowledgeable guides to experience the best of both worlds - the THRILL of driving your own speedboat, and the safety of having a skilled guide introduce you to the beauty of the Florida coast. Located in serene Tampa Bay, this 2 hour tour will take you by beautiful National Wildlife Refuges and pass by the historic Fort De Soto Park. You may see pods of bottle nose dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, sting rays, and numerous varieties of local birds. No boating experience necessary! Book a tour today to guarantee an unforgettable experience for the whole family!
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We drove from Orlando to St. Pete to take this tour because we wanted to do something different. Prior to getting in the speedboats, we received a brief, but very thorough, safety talk on how the boats worked and navigating the waterways. Our guide, Capt. Tony, answered any questions we had. During the tour, he basically kept a watchful eye on all of us making sure no one was left behind or had any problems with their boat. We toured various inlets and waterways and had a birds eye view of the beautiful homes located along the waterways. When we got out to open water, we went very fast. Very exciting and bumpy as the wind seemed to pick-up. My brother-in-law lost his hat, so best not to wear one or take it off when gaining speed on the boat (we were warned of this). We also had the to opportunity to stop and switch drivers so everyone had a chance to drive. This was a fun and exciting tour and I highly recommend it!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"jet ski"

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Coolest adventure ever!

The people who operate Speed Boat Adventures are so chill! Before I arrived in Florida, the person who I was in contact with (Chris) was very accommodating. My friend and I planned on going on this adventure on the same day that I landed in Florida and I was afraid my flight was going to get delayed. I kept in touch with Chris and he made sure that we were able to experience this unique attraction. He even left me a voice mail during my layover in Nashville to make sure I was going to arrive in Florida on time. I am glad that things worked out perfectly for us!

The weather was a bit off (well, nothing can compare to sunny Southern Caifornia's weather), but we were lucky it didn't rain or thunderstorm while we were out on the water. Our guide, Captain Scott, was very enthusiastic about his work and about the area we were boating through. He made me want to quit my day job and start working as a tour guide haha. Neither of us had ever operated a boat before, but we found out that it was extremely simple and fun! Chris gave us a run down on how to operate the boat while Scott got the boats ready for us. Everything was very safe and we were assured that the boat would not flip over (SPOILER ALERT: it didn't!). We were given the opportunity to switch seats so that both of us could operate the boat during the middle(ish) portion of the tour, so don't worry about not getting a chance to operate it.

Give this adventure a try if you want to do something unique in the St. Petersburg/Tampa area!

1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed July 17, 2014

If you're thinking of booking any excursions during your holiday, make sure this is top of your list! Both Chris and Capt Tony were very welcoming (despite us arriving a bit late due to traffic), they went through a short but concise briefing before the 'FUN' commenced!

There were four of us, my wife, teenage daughter, young son and myself. We hired 2 boats and the whole experience was exhilarating from start to finish, from the beautiful views of the bay, the lovely homes, expensive boats and the freedom to use 'full' throttle on our boat, which my son absolutely loved. To top it all off we were fortunate enough to see a manatee approach one of our boats before we even set off, as well as seeing several adult and young dolphins close up during our experience which can be quite rare! Good spot Capt Tony and thanks again for your immense knowledge and contagious enthusiasm.

We would certainly book again and would highly recommend Speed Boat Adventures to anyone who visits the area, especially if you're looking to add a few memorable thrills to your holiday.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband, daughter, and I toured with Captain Scott on July 7. What a great time! We loved every part of it, from touring through the inlets and checking out the local real estate, to speeding through Tampa Bay and bouncing over waves, to seeing a total of four manatees during our tour. We felt very safe the entire time with Captain Scott always aware of what was going on around us. We have already recommended this tour to family and friends who visit the area regularly, and will definitely book again when we return!