“This trip is a MUST!”

Island Boat Adventures
Ranked #2 of 79 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer daily excursions to Egmont Key Island. Egmont Key is a magnificent island just a few miles off shore at the mouth of Tampa Bay, in the lovely Gulf of Mexico. Accessible only by boat. Egmont Key is the GEM of the Bay Area and a Florida State Park. It is not to be missed on your vacation. Egmont Key's history dates back to the 1800's during the Spanish / American War era. Call and book your trip today for a truly memorable vacation experience and a fantastic day of Adventure and Excitement you will not soon forget. Just a few of the sights you may experience on your journey are pods of wild Bottlenosed Dolphins playing in their natural habitat, or a huge manatee gracefully swimming along side of the boat, stingrays, rolling Tarpon, numerous native birds, Gopher Tortoises, the Egmont Key Lighthouse, the soldier cemetary, and the ruins of old Fort Dade. It is our goal to provide a fun, affordable, memorable vacation experience in a safe environment that the whole family can enjoy. Call today for reservations.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This trip is a MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

My four friends and I traveled to the area from Minnesota and wanted to get a great snorkeling experience. We made a late reservation, but Betty was so nice in helping us get exactly what we needed. She even hooked us up with a free taxi from our condo to the meeting place, and back again. (And we ended up using that cab driver the rest of our trip!) The day we went on the snorkel cruise was a bit windy and the sand was all stirred up on the ocean floor but Captain Mike and Joe made sure we had fun. We stopped for dolphins on the way out to Egmont Key Island and got lots of pictures. Once to the island, we had time to explore, swim, snorkel, and find tons of shells! The 2nd snorkel location was a bust because the visibility was so poor that day, but Mike took us to a few different places around the island to find sand dollars and I even found a star fish! It was a very cool experience. On the way back in, we saw more dolphins and stopped to take more pictures. Mike and Joe were so very friendly and knowledgeable the entire cruise. They made sure every one was having a blast and were very interactive with the group. Another plus is that they had 2 giant coolers on the boat and encouraged you to bring food and drink. My friends and I especially liked being able to enjoy a cold one while we were enjoying all the natural beauty. I would highly recommend this cruise to people of all ages, and I will definitely go back someday!

1 Thank Shannon C
Betty34607, Manager at Island Boat Adventures, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thanks for your kind review! Customer satisfaction is important to us and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us on Calypso Cat. We look forward to seeing you out with us again. :)

Detroit, Michigan
“Best value in Tampa! What an amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My friends and I had a wonderful time on the water with Captain Mike and Joe! They were very personable and friendly, making us feel as if we were on a boat with long-time friends. They are very knowledgeable about the aquatic life and history around Tampa. Seeing several dolphin pods and snorkeling made our trip to Florida full of laughs and very memorable.
After searching for various activities to do, we found Island Boat Adventures to be the BEST value in the Tampa area. We enjoyed it so much during our first trip, we decided to go back a second day. Thanks so much! Already looking forward to coming back again next year!

Visited March 2014
Betty34607, Manager at Island Boat Adventures, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
It was great to me you girls! We love seeing our guests having so much fun. :) I hope you were able to enjoy some of the other activities we suggested for you. Thanks for taking the time and leaving us such a great review!!
marshalltown ia
“Great time, Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Easy to set up our reservations. The location was easy to find with our map app, but be aware the marina is located behind the hotel. So you have to walk thru the hotel lobby to get to the boat. Not a big deal, but good to know. Mike was our captain and was very personable! Both he and his fiance were so easy going and nice. They answered all our questions about the wildlife we saw. They played great music on the boat ride out to the island and back in. Even though the water was chilly (and unfortunately cloudy), we still had a fabulous time snorkeling! Egmont Key Island was wonderful to explore, and Mike stayed with the boat on the beach while we all ventured out. Since nobody in our group needed to be back by a certain time, we ended up staying a little longer at the island...that was a nice bonus. I would definitely recommend them!

Visited February 2014
Thanks for your kind review! Capt. Mike LOVES being at Egmont Key Island and being out on the water. Sometimes, when circumstances allow, he likes staying out a little longer than planned. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your day with us. Thanks Again!
Nebraska
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience - A "Must To Do" if you're in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My adult son & daughter, & I spent yesterday afternoon with Mike & Betty from the Island Boat Adventures & we had a great time! My son mentioned that they didn't seem to be worried about time or money - they just make sure that everyone is having a good time. My daughter said it was "awesome", and I truly feel it made our trip to St. Pete's!

Mike & Betty know the water, the wildlife, and Egmont Key very well. It was fun trip, but yet education. We loved listening to the knowledge & respect both Mike & Betty have for the area. Egmont Key was fun to explore, & we found the turtles & some great shells too. People snorkeling found crabs & star fish (that they didn't keep, but were returned to the ocean).

And we saw many dolphins! It was fun to watch them follow a boat & diving near us, or Mike would slow the boat so we could watch them feed. We took a dolphin cruise in Clearwater & never saw as many as this trip.

I would definitely recommend this island trip for young or old, families or singles. After watching Mike & Betty I really think they could accommodate you no matter what issues you may have. I will agree with one poster who said you feel like you are with family since everyone is so friendly. In regards to the one negative review. The music wasn't blaring, unfortunately Mike didn't sing :), and other than a sign about tipping - it wasn't even mentioned. I personally was glad the sign reminder was there, for only $40 each we had 5 hrs of great fun that I gladly tipped for - it was bargain!!

Visited March 2014
It was a pleasure to meet you guys. We did have great fun with you and I think I was the one doing all the singing that day. LOL! We hope you guys make it out with us again soon and we will be sure to keep playing the Gilligan's Island theme. It always puts a smile on our faces. :) Thanks for your Fantastic review!!
Windsor, Canada
“Best part of trip to Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Captain Mike and Betty were very informative and accomodating which made for a very pleasant trip. The afternoon we went, the boat consisted of families with teenagers, couples and singles. No matter what their age, you could tell that everyone was enjoying themselves. Would highly recommend Island Boat Adventures and would definately do it again if back in St. Petersburg.

Visited February 2014
One of the best things about our trip is that it is GREAT for all ages. Thanks for such a nice review!