“An incredible day!”

Island Boat Adventures
Ranked #2 of 81 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer daily excursions to Egmont Key Island. Egmont Key is a magnificent island just a few miles off shore at the mouth of Tampa Bay, in the lovely Gulf of Mexico. Accessible only by boat. Egmont Key is the GEM of the Bay Area and a Florida State Park. It is not to be missed on your vacation. Egmont Key's history dates back to the 1800's during the Spanish / American War era. Call and book your trip today for a truly memorable vacation experience and a fantastic day of Adventure and Excitement you will not soon forget. Just a few of the sights you may experience on your journey are pods of wild Bottlenosed Dolphins playing in their natural habitat, or a huge manatee gracefully swimming along side of the boat, stingrays, rolling Tarpon, numerous native birds, Gopher Tortoises, the Egmont Key Lighthouse, the soldier cemetary, and the ruins of old Fort Dade. It is our goal to provide a fun, affordable, memorable vacation experience in a safe environment that the whole family can enjoy. Call today for reservations.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friend booked us this little get away since my wife wanted to go snorkeling and dolphin watching. However, I think I enjoyed this trip a lot more than everyone! lol. From the very time we arrived to the time we left, the ENTIRE staff was amazing. Captain Mike stated that the winds were making the waters rough so he had to take us to the back side of the island where it was calm so we can snorkel. After that we went to the ruins and sure enough when we walked to the other side, we saw exactly what the captain was talking about. Then it was on our trip back that we hoped to see some dolphins. Before we left, my wife and our friend saw a manatee while everyone boarded the boat. It quickly swam away before anyone could see it. We almost didn't see any dolphins but with someone's good eye, they spotted one. Then the captain slowed down to see if we could see them again. And sure enough I then spotted a pod of dolphins. That made our day and we left extremely happy. The only warning I'd give others is to please remember to pack a lunch or some snacks. You can bring your own drinks (or they have soda and water for $1.00 on board) and store them in coolers that they provide. We made the mistake of not bringing anything but the captain (after everyone left) suggested we eat at Crabby Bills by the beach. Best suggestion he made cause that food was INSANE! We are so satisfied that we're thinking of going back before we leave Florida. Thanks again everyone for an awesome time!

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This was such an awesome boat ride! I have already recommended it to friends in the area. Overall great value and wasn't sure what to expect. I must say, this was absolutely amazing! Great boat, awesome captains, and beautiful views! The boat ride takes about an hour to Egmont Key. We had a great time snorkeling (all gear provided which is great) and a great time walking the beach and gathering beautiful shells. I loved this trip so much that I would definitely come back and do it again. Highly recommended for any age!

1  Thank ArielF590
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was one of my Birthday presents and really wasn't sure what to expect in regards to the boat or the trip.The boat is docked at the Magnuson hotel and is very convenient for both parking and getting to from just about anywhere in the Tampa bay area. After passing through the hotel I was happy to see a great looking and newer Catamaran named the Calypso Cat. This was the boat. First impressions were excellent. We were the first ones on board and welcomed by Capt. Steve. After waiting for the rest of the people and some instructions regarding safety we were off. Bring your cameras because the trip out has some great picture opportunity's. We started with a tour of the ruins and could see it was a bit rough for snorkeling so we retreated back to the other side of the Island. Conditions were mixed because of the storm but managed to see plenty of fish. After snorkeling a bit we moved to the beach and got to spend some time there exploring. On our way back we got some up close pictures of a bunch of dolphins. The trip was a success. Summary: Great people to deal with, well organized, great boat, great music and lots of fun for the day. Not too long and not too short. perfect

Reviewed June 4, 2013

After 2 weeks of sight seeing Florida, this was the best adventure we've done during the last days at the beaches, Nice and friendly people, and perfect sunny weather. Great locations and our son of 8 years old loves the snorkeling and the big shells he found at the Egmont beach.
Highly recommended, perfect boat and saffety for all !!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great equipment. Awesome crew. Very descriptive. Saw dolphins and birds, snorkeled, shelling and sight seeing. Highly recommend this adventure.

1  Thank BaileyBella