“Best part of the whole holiday”

Island Boat Adventures
Ranked #2 of 81 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer daily excursions to Egmont Key Island. Egmont Key is a magnificent island just a few miles off shore at the mouth of Tampa Bay, in the lovely Gulf of Mexico. Accessible only by boat. Egmont Key is the GEM of the Bay Area and a Florida State Park. It is not to be missed on your vacation. Egmont Key's history dates back to the 1800's during the Spanish / American War era. Call and book your trip today for a truly memorable vacation experience and a fantastic day of Adventure and Excitement you will not soon forget. Just a few of the sights you may experience on your journey are pods of wild Bottlenosed Dolphins playing in their natural habitat, or a huge manatee gracefully swimming along side of the boat, stingrays, rolling Tarpon, numerous native birds, Gopher Tortoises, the Egmont Key Lighthouse, the soldier cemetary, and the ruins of old Fort Dade. It is our goal to provide a fun, affordable, memorable vacation experience in a safe environment that the whole family can enjoy. Call today for reservations.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was tipped about this boat trip and boy I wasnt disappointed. We boarded the boat at the beginning of November and from the moment we stepped onto the boat until the moment we stepped off we had the most amazing time made all the better by Captain Mike and his partner Betty - the nicest most accommodating couple you could ever meet. Now I may be sounding gushy here but trust me having travelled all around the world this was one of the best experiences I have had. We set off from St Petes to journey out to Egmont Key Island. It wasnt long before we spotted Dolphins and Mike turned the boat so that we came up along side them. Betty and Mike were both very knowledgeable about the dolphins,birds we saw on route as well as the island we were visiting. We then motored on to the first stop - a wreck where we went snorkelling. Unfortunately Sandy had been through that week so the sea wasnt clear so unable to see much but it was still fun. Back on board we sailed on to Egmont Key where we moored and had 2 hours to explore the island and swim in the sea. On the island we saw wild tortoise roaming around and Osprey which had caught fish. We went searching for shells and shark teeth (found 2 - big excitement). On the trip back to St Petes Mike entertained us by feeding the gulls mid flight - great fun. After a week at the parks in Orlando this boat trip was a real tonic and as a 5 hour round trip its the best value trip I have ever done! We were a family party of 9 with ages ranging from 15 to 53 and we all agreed it was a magical day. Thank you Mike and Betty. If we come back to Florida you are top of our list to visit. Wishing you health and happiness in your marriage next year

2  Thank JaniePet
Betty34607, Manager at Island Boat Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your awesome review!! We loved having you guys out with us! We look forward to seeing you next time, Betty & Mike

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We researched quite a few various tour adventures in the Florida area before deciding on this one. The reviews we read were awesome so we went ahead and booked on a quiet Monday in Oct/12. It was the best 5 hour+ trip I have ever experienced. Also only had to share the boat with 8 other people (total 12) so it made it even better. We were able to have more one on one with the crew. We saw lots of Dolphins which totally made our trip complete. Snorkeling was great and we loved our free time to roam & explore the island. We brought a cooler with a few adult beverages for the cruise back home. Best money we spent during our vacation. You won't be disappointed. Thank you...we will be back !!

2  Thank Bill_Rayna
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I found this amazing tour online through google, and I'm sure glad I did! After searching through several snorkeling adventure, I found Island Boat Adventures. Hands down, this was the best tour I have ever been on. 5 hours of action packed fun. Snorkeling, dolphin watching and adventure! Captain Mike and Joe offered the perfect amount of guidance during our tour, not that tacky info you hate to hear. These guys were awesome from the start. We boarded the brand new catamaran, which housed a bathroom and plenty of cooler space for your drinks. Adult beverages were allowed, too. After a briefing on water safety, Joe passed out fins, a mask and snorkel for everyone. We were taken to Egmont Key, about an hour away and able to snorkel over the remains of what appeared to be a fort. Wonderful views of fish and scenery. Then hopped aboard for a tour around the island which included seeing the lighthouse. Relaxed at the island for 2 hours and headed back to port with lots and LOTS of dolphin sightings. EVERYTHING is included for $39. Best tour ever!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in St. Petersburg, FL. We worked with the concierge at the hotel to book a day with Island Boat Tours for a day of snorkeling and dolphin watching. We were in town during the off season (October) so we were ucky enough to get a great group of ony about 20 people. The day was so fun. We set sail with Cqpain Mike and first mate Joe. They really know the area and history. As well, they have enough experience to know where to go to find the dolphins. We just absolutely enjoyed the day and the experience. This was the first time snorkeling for both of us and we had a blast! Would absolutely go out with these guys again!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I came to Tampa for our second anniversary and were looking for something fun and relaxing to do for an afternoon and this trip hit the spot. We are both animal lovers, history buffs, and outdoor lovers and every aspect of this 5 hour tour was amazing. We saw dolphins, a stingray, an Ospry, beautiful scenery, and great company from the crew and other passengers. I would recommend this trip to everyone, please don't miss out on a great opportunity!
Annie and Leslie Walker