“Great Tour”

Island Boat Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer daily excursions to Egmont Key Island. Egmont Key is a magnificent island just a few miles off shore at the mouth of Tampa Bay, in the lovely Gulf of Mexico. Accessible only by boat. Egmont Key is the GEM of the Bay Area and a Florida State Park. It is not to be missed on your vacation. Egmont Key's history dates back to the 1800's during the Spanish / American War era. Call and book your trip today for a truly memorable vacation experience and a fantastic day of Adventure and Excitement you will not soon forget. Just a few of the sights you may experience on your journey are pods of wild Bottlenosed Dolphins playing in their natural habitat, or a huge manatee gracefully swimming along side of the boat, stingrays, rolling Tarpon, numerous native birds, Gopher Tortoises, the Egmont Key Lighthouse, the soldier cemetary, and the ruins of old Fort Dade. It is our goal to provide a fun, affordable, memorable vacation experience in a safe environment that the whole family can enjoy. Call today for reservations.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We took this tour last week, and it was great. We all had a great time snorkeling, shelling, watching the dolphins and manatee. Hats off to the Captain (Hans) and first mate Bob. They were very knowledgeable and took the time to treat everyone like family. They didn't just shoot us out and back; they took the time to follow the dolphins and manatee; our kids were thrilled! Hans even did a dognut on the way back just to follow a group of dolphins! They're new to the business, but I'm sure once the word gets out they will be booked all the time! Forget about all the other boat tours..this is the one to book. Hans, Bob...thanks again.!
The family from Lockport Illinois

4  Thank budz5
Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)
All reviews
"hour trip"
"sea life"

998 - 1,002 of 1,013 reviews

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We all had a great time today with captain hans and first mate bob. The entire family was thrilled with our trip nice boat the great reviews I read on trip advisor were right on. Bathroom om the boat byob

3  Thank Markbig
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Outstanding trip on June 12th! Capt Hahn and First Mate Bob treated us like family. Very safety conscious too! The Capt stopped for all dolphin sightings to let everyone take pictures. Beverages were complimentary, small coolers and alcohol are OK to bring aboard. The snorkeling and island trip was outstanding. Best of all, the boat stays on site. No pressure be on time like other operators require. 5+ Stars easily!

4  Thank Karl9s
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I live in the area but moved down from Michigan 5 years ago. I am still learning alot about the area. After doing alot of things that advertise alot, I found Island Boat Adventures! I was looking for something special to take me and my family and it was perfect! I found a excursion that all ages will enjoy seeing Florida at its finest with Dolphins, Snorkeling, and being able to walk thru Egmont Key looking thru history at Ft Dade. The water is so much clearer out there and you dont want to leave the Island when you leave. My youngest is 12 and she loved it as well! We will go again because I have not found anything like this in this area. The ride to and from the key was accented by the carribean music we listened to also. This trip is a must and I will be taking my family again.

3  Thank Nada2000k
See more reviews
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Where else can you get a boat ride, snorkel, explore an uninhabitated island , see dolphins and manatees along the way with the great host of Captain Hans and Admiral Betty!! Not to mention educational information and history of the area.

They would stop and go out of the way to sight see the wildlife during your journey. They offered water and sodas also. This was the highlight of our vacation. Would definately do this adventure again!! 5 Star rating is not enough. Must be a 6+

3  Thank ladydi1213