“Fun for Families” 4 of 5 bubbles

Taco Bus
Ranked #407 of 894 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesterfield, MI
“Fun for Families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Super Friendly Service, Food truck with a building and restrooms on the side. Food was all good....we had butternut squash taco, fish taco, shrimp taco, and a quesadilla. Ceviche wasn't what one would expect, but was still good....more of a seafood cocktail. Guacamole and chips were fresh. Young/upbeat staff & atmosphere. Loved it & hope we can get there again. :D

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Great fresh food, at a good price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

They say that quality costs more, well, apparently no one at Taco Bus has heard this age old adage. The food is great, and the prices are more than reasonable, especially given the fresh ingredients that they use.

Don't let the "bus" scare you away. Just stop in and take a look at the menu. Once you see all the variety that they have, as well as the inexpensive prices, you'll be more than tempted to stay. And trust me, you'll be glad you did.

• Visited February 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The original Taco Bus was once one of Tampa's hidden gems. It was one location, locally owned and operated the food was always good, affordable and the atmosphere casual and unique. I've been to Mexico a few times outside of the major cities and this restaurant reminded me of authentic Mexican joints I've visited there. Several years ago they were featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives and represented Tampa well. Shortly after that I noticed several other locations opening in strip centers around the area. The charm of the original was obviously lost in strip centers but worse the food quality at all of the locations I've visited in the last few years, including the original, has gone down substantially and the prices have gone up disproportionately. You may not be disappointed if you never went to the original, but as a local I've found a new favorite Mexican restaurant, Taco Son.

“Wow...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

When I saw this on Triple D, I knew I had to check it out. We went to the one in St. Petersburg, because it was closer to where we were staying. When we pulled up, I almost turned around. It did not look like a good place or area to eat, but I was determined. We were just coming to try the tacos, since we were going to dinner somewhere else. We ordered 2 tacos to share. The shredded beef taco was ok, nothing special. Then I bit into the pork taco. WOW! The flavor was amazing. Make sure you try the sauces. The grilled jalapeno sauce was amazing. I wish I had thought to ask if they sell it. All in all, I will be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

If you like your Mexican food served at room temperature, then this is the place for you. Don't bother complaining to the waitress. She doesn't care. Never again.

• Visited June 2014