“Great bang for your buck”
Review of Dolphin Racer

Dolphin Racer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take an exhilarating tour on the Dolphin Racer!Watch as acrobatic bottlenose dolphin surf and dive alongside!This high-speed tour lasts between 1-1.5 hours beginning with a narration by the Captain and then leading into a breathtaking chase with nature as the speedboat picks up speed and looks for dolphin.The huge wake created by the Dolphin Racer attracts jumping dolphins.It's sure to be an adventure you will remember for a lifetime. Don't forget to bring your camera.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I are visiting the St . Petersburg area, with our two daughters, for their birthdays. I had researched a few places and this was the cheaper option, which left me thinking it would be just decent. I had read reviews of many places and there were instances where people hadn't seen any dolphins, even at the more expensive ones. I bought our tickets online and found a promo code (VSS) that saved us about 15 bucks, too. The experience was awesome! We were lucky enough to see many dolphins. We even had a group of 5 or so come up to within 10 feet of the boat. They were following us and jumping out of the water for much of the trip, but the best part was when we drove far out to the gulf and the captain just stopped the boat. We sat there for about ten minutes and just watched one right after the other just swim by and jump. My family and I couldn't be any happier. Also, a quick tip....I like being towards the front of the boat but not completely up front, on the right side. This part is higher up and you can still see the dolphins following the back of the boat. From here, you also have better views of them as you approach.

StarLiteFlorida, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin Racer, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the excellent review and passing along the coupon code to fellow reviewers. It's always nice to save some money on vacation. We're happy that you saw lots of dolphins on your trip and enjoyed the boat ride. If you have any pictures that you'd like to share, please consider posting them on our Facebook page.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"for sale"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Dolphon Racer can hold up to 128 people on a single trip so don't expect a smaller more intimate setting, or a covered, shady environment -- bring plenty of sun block! Overall it was a fun family experience with just the 3 of us and 72 other people. The boat ride was fun as was the short excursion out into the Gulf, but most of all it did not disappoint because the Dolphins were out and very playful that day.

1  Thank Bruce W
StarLiteFlorida, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin Racer, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We're happy that you and your family had a wonderful time! Please visit us again when you return to the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a fun way to spend the afternoon and see some dolphins. We got to see quite a few dolphins and I really enjoyed getting to go out into the gulf. There is no shade on the boat and I thought I was going to burn up! It would be really nice if they offered an earlier ride but I'm guessing the middle of the afternoon is when the most dolphins are out. We sat in the back row to get the best view of the dolphins but when you sit there you can't hear the captain very well. From what little I heard he sounded well informed on the area and the dolphins. I do recommend this trip but try to schedule on a cooler day!

Thanks for your review and comments! We're happy that you enjoyed your day on the Dolphin Racer and hope to see you again- during the cooler months :)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had some out of town guest and decided to take them on The Dolphin Racer. The ride was good, the boat wasn't overly crowded so we had good seats, Dennis and Bob were great, and we saw DOLPHINS!!! My two year old daughter saw dolphins for the first time and after the trip she said "find more dolphins mama"
My only suggestion would is either update the music Jimmy Buffet on the water is great but not when he's singing about Christmas and it's early June.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The boat ride was okay, nothing fabulous. But what we hoped to see... Dolphins....there were none during our excursion. We went on the Memorial Day weekend, and the waterways were full of boaters, wave runners, and more. So obviously the dolphins stayed out of all that traffic on the water. They just didn't surface.
We were greatly disappointed, since seeing the playful dolphins was the purpose of this boat ride. My question is, why would this company have these "dolphin watching" boat rides during times that they KNOW the dolphins wont be showing themselves? I know the holidays are really busy for them, (its all about $$$) but come on... we went to SEE dolpins! So my suggestion is, dont go during any holiday times. You may be very disappointed.

1  Thank Mia S

We're sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. As you discovered, holiday weekends are busy on the water (and road); however, that does not necessarily mean that the dolphins won't surface. We do guarantee dolphin surfing; since you did not see any dolphins, were you offered a pass to return? We'd appreciate the opportunity to make you happy and ask that you contact us so that we can arrange a return trip.