“Awesome”
Review of Dolphin Racer

Dolphin Racer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take an exhilarating tour on the Dolphin Racer!Watch as acrobatic bottlenose dolphin surf and dive alongside!This high-speed tour lasts between 1-1.5 hours beginning with a narration by the Captain and then leading into a breathtaking chase with nature as the speedboat picks up speed and looks for dolphin.The huge wake created by the Dolphin Racer attracts jumping dolphins.It's sure to be an adventure you will remember for a lifetime. Don't forget to bring your camera.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been coming to the area for 12 yrs now. We finally decided to go on a dolphin watch tour. AMAZING!! I have seen Dolphins at play on the coast line. Watched them feed in the mornings from our balcony or walked over to Johns Pass to watch them. Nothing compares to actually going out and viewing them swimming and jumping thru the waves of the boat. During the first 25-30 mins our group was beginning to become disappointed but once the capt was able to find a group of them ready for play.....our disappointment changed to immediate excitement. Wear a hat and take sunblock. I love the sun.....but felt like I was baking :) I suggest sitting behind the captain as we seen much more from the back.. I would def do it again. Great times for all ages.

4  Thank mzavacky
in 6 reviews
"for sale"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I got dragged into this tour by my wife and kids on a recent vacation to the Tampa area. This was originally not one of my top ten activity ideas but it will be on my next trip to Tampa! This was a great excursion and highly recommended.

You can tell by Capt. Mike’s lecture and actions that he is truly passionate in what he does and for the safety of the dolphins. Uncooperative seas and some brief showers forced us to stay in the inter-coastal water instead of heading out to the Gulf of Mexico. With very few glimpses of dolphins and one short run with a single male dolphin due to weather conditions the captain explored every section of the inland waterways trying to find more dolphins. As luck would have it, 50 yards from the dock the captain spotted a pod of dolphins. He promptly turned the boat around and we went on exhilarating three plus mile run as the dolphins frolicked (and some were definitely “showboating”!) in the wake of our craft. At certain points the dolphin looked like they were going to jump right in!
Recommendations: if you don’t like hard seats bring a large beach towel to sit on though most of the time you will find yourself standing looking at or for dolphins; motion sickness medicine if needed; bring sunscreen! The crew has some sunscreen on board if you forget.

Familiarize yourself with the video features of your camera if it has that option and bring an extra SD card too. You will not get tired showing the footage of jumping dolphins to your friends and family and you will want to get plenty. Just when you think you have seen it all these dolphins pull another stunt maneuver you wouldn’t expect so you definitely want to get it all.

Note: This operation has moved recently. Their new address to plug into your GPS is: 3400 Pasadena Avenue South, St. Pete, FL 33706.

3  Thank gnm1962
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Don't even bother trying any other dolphin tours. The other companies may be a little cheaper but they use giant pontoon boats.

The Dolphin Racer is like a giant speed boat. It has huge engines that make a huge wake that dolphins can't resist. It literally looked like the dolphins were having the time of their lives and were do close I thought they would jump into the boat.

I'll never do any other dolphin cruise at John's Pass again because they don't come close to getting you an awesome up close experience.

4  Thank Jacob_Swain
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was out first Dolphin cruise, and it was great, we did the 11am cruise on wednesday, there was only 8 of us on board.

2  Thank firebear1961