“Room with a view”

400 Beach Seafood and Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
400 Beach Seafood and Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 931 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed Coastal Cuisine, Seafood, Steak, Lunch, Dinner, Local and Organic, Banquets, Sunday Brunch, Private Dining, Romantic, Special Occasion, 24 Beers on Tap, Gluten Free Menu Items, Organic, Outdoor Dining, Business Meetings, Happy Hour, Daily Featured Specials, Wedding Receptions, Rehearsal Dinners, Catering, Baby and Bridal Showers, overlooking Vinoy Waterfront Marina and North Straub Park.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Yes...but the view is the restaurant itself. Innovative use of stone, very eclectic, modern with extremely high ceilings. The food however is often not as lofty..a little hit & miss. I'm all for small plates..the American way of having 'huge' plates of food is a little off putting..and why we could all stand to lose a little..I digress...however..for the price the food presentation is a little too small for me..I also hate to leave hungry after shelling out $100 for two for lunch..ok..so we had wine..just saying..the Grouper Reuben is the way to go for lunch..in season..really tasty & moist. Lots of regulars on this menu but nothing truly outstanding. The atmosphere is casual & friendly with attentive (but not too hovery..is that even a word) staff. It can feel a little echoe (is that a word) when it's a slow day..I'm thinking they should lower the ceilings..oh and the views out to the bay are lovely.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,969)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have always enjoyed myself here. The ambiance is lovely, the people nice and inviting. The food can be great. Have the oysters three ways as they are always a good bet. Some of our entrees have only been so-so including the Grouper Oscar which should be lights out. One bugaboo... tilapia on a FLORIDA seafood menu. Rally? Never a bad meal though and a great spot when the weather is nice on the terrace.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Friends and I were heading into St Petersburg to catch a late night "after-party" music show and decided just to "wing it" in locating a spot for dinner. We walked towards the beach area activity and spotted 400 Beach located on a very inviting corner across from the entrance to Vinoy Park.
We were warmly welcomed and seated quickly. All of us enjoyed our entries including my very tasty seafood sampler. The beer and wine list was extensive and prices were moderate. Will certainly go again when in the area.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Seems like a "i want to be like Miami" restaurant but we were surprised when we arrived in street clothes just looking for a good meal. We were served like a normal table aside from the Real Housewives of St Pete... but that is OK I don't need to be wined and dined like a royal prince! LOL

Service was great from the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out. Price was average for meal received. Scallops were fantastic along with all four other meals.

Will be back again when in the neighborhood!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went for the company Christmas party. We sat outside, drinks were good. Very strong long Island Ice tea. Not the best shrimp I've had but it was pretty good. Valet parking was great.