“A Number One”

400 Beach Seafood and Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
400 Beach Seafood and Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 923 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed Coastal Cuisine, Seafood, Steak, Lunch, Dinner, Local and Organic, Banquets, Sunday Brunch, Private Dining, Romantic, Special Occasion, 24 Beers on Tap, Gluten Free Menu Items, Organic, Outdoor Dining, Business Meetings, Happy Hour, Daily Featured Specials, Wedding Receptions, Rehearsal Dinners, Catering, Baby and Bridal Showers, overlooking Vinoy Waterfront Marina and North Straub Park.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great atmosphere,great food, super service...I guess that says it all. What a nice location! We sat inside,as it was a blustery day. Kind of reminded me of Paris, with the tree lined boulevard and the outdoor seating. Can't think of a single thing I would change. Oh yes the oysters were very good and reasonably priced. My wife loved her seafood salad.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Last Saturday evening we noticed several scattered tables that were "open" out on the sidewalk. We were told that although we saw several tables open, that there would be a 30 minute wait for a table..... so we went elsewhere. We found it disappointing that they would let a table of 4 walk away, and felt that if they were understaffed they should have offered to seat us, get us a drink and have told us that we might have a wait.. . . This Saturday we called ahead for a reservation. We were given a choice of high-top or low table, which we thought was nice. Two of the people in our group had the special - Chilean Seabass. They loved it and would give it an "8." One person had the braised short-ribs. He would give it a "6." I had the blackened tilapia, and would give it a "5" It tasted a bit undercooked. . .. but the mango salsa topping was delicious. What made the dinner great was the atmosphere and our server. Her name was Staci and she was fantastic. She made nice chit-chat and catered to our every need. Staci is a gem of an employee and it was her attentive care that made us rate the restaurant as "very good" instead of just "average." She and her professional service made us all feel that we will return to 400 Beach Seafood and Tap House in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I wish to highly compliment your waitress - Ashley Shreve. Why> Miss Shreve was a wonderful friendly waitress. She was very knowledgeable of menu and made great meal suggestions. It was a delicious meal and Miss Shreve made it more pleasant. I look forward to my next meal at your restaurant and hope Miss Shreve will be my waitress.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Brought my in-laws here for dinner and had THE BEST nite out. They have a large menu with lots chose from. I had the grouper oscar and my husband had the seafood linguini. The drink menu was fun. I had a Cosmo made with raspberry vodka and champagne while my father in-laws had draft beers(over20 to choose from several local) our waitress ASHLEY made our nite out even better. She had excellent suggestions ,knowledge of the menu, and an upbeat positive attitude. Thank you ASHLEY and 400 Beach for a wonderful evening wee look forward to coming back.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went for Sunday brunch. Beautiful setting, across from the park next to the Vinoy fronting the water. Pretty day shady setting, perfect. Server was inattentive, she had to be flagged down for drinks, and to get menus for the wives who weren't up to the buffet. Buffet had a lot of items, from blintzes to crab legs to omelets. I tried a little of everything and nothing made the cut, everything was pretty bland. Oh wait, the salad was pretty good. The wife had a chicken sandwich and she was not impressed either.
Hate to give bad reviews but this place has nothing to be positive about except the location.