“Nice Meal But Drawbacks”

400 Beach Seafood and Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
400 Beach Seafood and Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 938 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed Coastal Cuisine, Seafood, Steak, Lunch, Dinner, Local and Organic, Banquets, Sunday Brunch, Private Dining, Romantic, Special Occasion, 24 Beers on Tap, Gluten Free Menu Items, Organic, Outdoor Dining, Business Meetings, Happy Hour, Daily Featured Specials, Wedding Receptions, Rehearsal Dinners, Catering, Baby and Bridal Showers, overlooking Vinoy Waterfront Marina and North Straub Park.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went to this beautiful location and had a wonderful meal with a group. We ate outside and it was wonderful to side out along beach drive. What a fantastic place to take out of town guests to leave an impression!!!!! Our table had mixed impressions about their food. My meal was delicious. Others complained about the proportions, and the price. One guest thought the bisque was not up to par for the price and lacked advertised seafood. My feeling was that we were paying for a high end meal, and top notch location. Some people don't always appreciate that. The service was fantastic. It is NOT inexpensive, but you don't have to go overboard and can get a reasonable priced meal. It is beautiful inside. You can also get indoor parking with a valet so you don't have to worry about that downtown. I recommend 400 Beach Seafood, but not everyone is ready if they have to pay premium and don't have the appreciation for it. By the way, the fish and chips were a HUGE portion and excellent at a very fair price. Our guest complained because it was too much to eat???? Go figure, I ended paying for her check just because I thought it was a stupid complaint. We couldn't take food home because we were going to a show after.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,023)

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The chef definitely has an affinity for Asian cooking, but the dishes translated well. My husband and I arrived early enough to enjoy the summer early bird special which made for a great value. Our server was fantastic and made sure our glasses were not empty and that the food was to our taste.

Looked to be a lot of great restaurants in the area so while I would recommend 400 Beach, I might go elsewhere next time.

1  Thank Amy E
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hi, my daughter and I went here for lunch after doing a segway tour of St. Pete and the food was excellent. It is not easy to find New England lobster rolls in Florida and these were excellent. Big chuncks of Maine lobster, light on the mayo. Atmosphere was sunny and bright, pretty inside. The Sun. brunch sounds incredible and want to try that. Service was quick, fantastic, would go again.

3  Thank kleeam
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is one place to stop for a light lunch. The food was out in a flash, the service was great and the bright cheery atmosphere was fantastic.

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We visited the Bay Walk area after a Rays game at Tropicana Field. In spite of the heat and humidty the park was a beautiful walk--even saw dolphins! The 400 Beach is right across the street and a welcoming place to catch a bite to eat. We had jumbo shrimp, and they were just that! Jumbo. Delicious too. We shared a salad and fish and chips. The fish and chips were very good--unusual cut on the chips. The haddock was good and the breading was not too much. Very good service as well. We'd go back.