“Great food, lackluster service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 400 Beach Seafood and Tap House

400 Beach Seafood and Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
400 Beach Seafood and Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Relaxed Coastal Cuisine, Seafood, Steak, Lunch, Dinner, Local and Organic, Banquets, Sunday Brunch, Private Dining, Romantic, Special Occasion, 24 Beers on Tap, Gluten Free Menu Items, Organic, Outdoor Dining, Business Meetings, Happy Hour, Daily Featured Specials, Wedding Receptions, Rehearsal Dinners, Catering, Baby and Bridal Showers, overlooking Vinoy Waterfront Marina and North Straub Park.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food, lackluster service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I went here based off of the other reviews, but not what it was all built up to be. The food was very good but nothing outstanding that you couldn't find anywhere else. We were not happy with the service from the waitstaff though. Our waiter was very slow and not friendly at all. Most of the waiters look like they are coming off of work release and the others found the most enjoyable thing to see who could spin their trays the longest but didn't mind how many times it would drop next to our table in the main dining room. At one point our server insinuated strongly that my wife and I were drunk and insisted that he bring us water...all because I made a joke about us wanting the half price drink list for happy hour. (which by the way is ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU SIT AT THE BAR) the valet parking is great though and the guy literally will run to get your car out for you. I would recommend this as a nice place to eat but don't expect friendly service.

Visited March 2013

St. Louis, MO
“Somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were led to believe that this spot was the be-all, end-all for seafood in St. Pete. We hope not! Evening dinner during the week, the atmosphere is fun with monitors with images of tropical fish and some cool metallic fish sculptures. My husband had the salmon which was okay. But I was disappointed with my lobster. 5 oz and it was rubbery and tough. Definitely not what I was expecting. Service was all right.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
St. Petersburg, Florida
“I'm addicted to the Tandorri Spiced Mahi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I live in St. Pete and had not been to 400 Beach in a while but have now visited 3 times in 4 weeks. Ok, I have been getting the same dish each time, the Tandorri Spice Mahi but it is so delicious I can't seem to order anything else. It's sweet with a little spice - perfect! I love that it is on both the lunch and dinner menu. I almost broke routine today and ordered the lunch special which was Mahi stuffed with lump crab and drizzled with a roasted poblano sauce. I have to say, it was tough call. Other dishes that were enjoyed were the Tilapia and the Blacked Mahi tacos. The prices are very reasonable for a restaurant on Beach Drive.

• Visited March 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“The Sunday Brunch Is Exceptional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Four of us visited this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon to try the Sunday Brunch. The price of $23.95 includes access to buffet tables of a mix of
breakfast and lunch items, a side hallway with tables of desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages.The 400 is a large dark-toned place with tables on the sidewalk, as well. I think that among us we must have sampled most of the offerings. A friend visiting from Turkey tried crab legs for the first time and had four plates of them. We had eggs benedict, spinach-stuffed chicken, hand-carved ham, salads, sides of vegetables, various breads, and several desserts, including blueberry bread pudding, lemon chess, and a number of delicious things with chocolate in them. The price, a bit high, was justified.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Edward3005
Kemblesville, Pennsylvania
“Another St. Pete's Fab Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had no problem finding delicious food while visiting St. Petersburg. 400 Beach was steps away from our B&B where we went to enjoy the happy hour specials and share a meal. The food was delicious and the scallops we had in particular were divine.

Visited February 2013