“food was ok, service not so good”

Tangerine at the Bayfront Hilton
Ranked #316 of 931 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The first night I ate there I had excellent service. The next time I went there, They were not very busy, but I still stood for 10 min. waiting to be seated. I heard the waitress talking and explaining food items to a table beside me but had to ask for bread (one of the things she was explaining to the table). I felt very neglected and over looked while she catered to other tables that had more people. I didn't go back.

1  Thank Beverly C

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The breakfast provided by Tangerine for the convention I was attending was cold. Neither the food items nor the coffee were hot. The potatoes tasted over-cooked and the bacon was dry. There was plenty of room for improvement here.
However, the banquet food was o.k. Again, it wasn't as hot as it should have been, but the quality wasn't bad. That's all I can say.
We were not pleased with the pricing of the buffet breakfast at Tangerine. In 2011 the buffet was $8 a person. This weekend the buffet was $15 a person. Not impressed with the almost double increase.

1  Thank SweetFlGirl
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was impressed with the breakfast buffet with its traditional eggs, potatoes and meat, however they had a "Healthy Bar" that included fruits, yogurts, etc. It was busy, but the servers kept up with juice and coffee refills. A little overpriced, but that's what you get in a hotel. I was so encouraged that I came back for dinner. That is when I experienced the let down. There were only three patrons in the restaurant at 6:15 pm and no wait staff in sight. After a five minute wait, I was seated. The food was above average and was presented well. The wait staff was very attentive, but I noticed that they were missing in the back for minutes at a time.

1  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had a breakfast and lunch there, and no big surprises. Service and food were sufficient for my needs, but nothing spectacular that wow'ed me.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Staff very good and attentive to all guests needs.
no one else was in restaurant for dinner
Breakfast place was full