“Breathtaking!”

$107.00*
and up
Tampa Bay CityPASS
More attraction details
Owner description: The Chihuly Collection presented by the Morean Arts Center is a stunning, permanent collection of world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly’s unique artwork in a magnificent 10,000 square foot gallery.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Words cannot describe the beauty of this collection. I didn't want to leave this place. You have to just get out there and to see it for yourself. Reading reviews of this place just doesn't do it any justice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,972)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"admission price"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The museum is not large, but the glass is really spectacular! Our volunteer docent gave us lots of information about the glass and the artist! The movie was also very interesting and we are glad we stayed to watch it. the tickets are pricey $15.00, so if you are trying to watch your pennies, go inside the shop for some examples of his glass and its free.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wandered in to kill some time as I waited to pick up my honey that had a meeting at All Children's Hospital. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the experience. I thought that it was a very small venue for the price they charged, but I did really like what I saw. Dale Chihuly's work is enchanting. I especially liked the short video that showed his installation at the Citadel and the room of undersea like life.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Chihuly's collection of his hand blown Art Glass is beautiful. He is known all over the world for his famous colorful art creations. The Museum is located next door to The 400 Beach Seafood & Tap House and they welcome patrons visiting the Museum.
Beach Drive in St. Petersburg is fortunate to have Chihuly design and build his Museum right here in downtown St. Petersburg.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Before you walk into the collection area, take the time to watch the free video presentation. Chihuly explained his thinking and how he developed various projects around the world. You can observe his staff working in their glass studio and making displays. I would recommend watching it. It was very interesting. The collection does provide a guide to explain the works. Unless you listen to a guide, you will not learn much about the collection itself. The guide offers about a 45 minute detaile tour. We did not have the time to stay with the guided group, so we were very happy to have watched the video presentation. Visually, there are some very beautiful pieces. If you enjoy Chihuly, this will be a pleasant visual experience. Be sure to take advantage of the guided tour.

1  Thank vmde