“"Upscale Establishment, Fun Outdoor Seating, Friendly Crew, Fine Dining"”
Review of Cassis

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd avenue north and beach drive
Description: Combining the traditional European Brasserie with the relaxed flair of American eateries, Chef Jeremy Duclut offers American classics with subtle French influences for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Ideal for both quick bites and leisurely meals, Cassis serves simple, hearty food and drinks at affordable prices in a vibrant, friendly atmosphere right on Beach Drive.
Reviewed November 19, 2019

Cassis is a rather large sprawling place with nice atmosphere, and friendly employees. Their menu is large and can accompany just about all tastes. If you like sitting outside there are a host of tables and you can people watch all the passersby. Inside its rather classy and roomy too.

Our server knew his stuff and went over specials and other explained other menu items with ease in a very friendly, courteous manner. The wines are very good and for dinner I chose the Saturday night Lamb Chop Special. It was a large plate and I recommend it highly. Also, among my favorite things, the bread was warm.. (it should be and Cassis does it right).

If you're dining along the St. Pete's Waterfront, I give this restaurant a thumbs up and say make it one of your evening stops on your To Do List.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed November 16, 2019 via mobile

Had a great dinner with Mom for her birthday. Mom went for the Bouillabaise and loved it. Lots to eat as she took plenty home for tomorrow. FYI...go on your birthday and the birthday girl gets a free entree. My wife went for the Atlantic Salmon and said it was delicious and had a Arugula salad to begin with. I want for the Braised Escargot and Poached Lobster Tail. Both were excellent. I will say, for the future, the escargot appetizer was a meal in itself and no need to order anything else. Service was excellent and we all left very happy.

Reviewed November 13, 2019

I went to Cassis a few weeks ago on a Saturday night. The food was excellent. The service was even better. The menu offered great variety. The food preparation was excellent.
I went back last Sunday night and wasn't disappointed. It was a slow night and the service was not on par with my first visit, but it did not detract from a superb meal. Totally enjoyable. i'll be back, soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2019

Fantastic choice of food and drink, delightful ambience and great service make this a special place to visit. Reasonable price too :-)

Reviewed November 6, 2019

went walking down Beach drive to find a place to eat and this was the first place we came across. It was a good find actually since it wasn't too busy and the food looked pretty good.

It was a halloween themed night so all the staff were dressed up - and we had Andy Warhol, who seemed a bit new to the job... had to repeat the orders 3 or 4 times and also when we'd finished our main course came over with the cheque, didn't even ask us if we wanted to see desserts. He was clearly busy with lots of different tables and wasn't on the ball that night.
The other staff seemed to be in control however.

The good news is that the food was very nice and reasonably priced... I'd recommend the Poulet Rouge a la creme.
Just when you go - ask for female tablestaff.

Date of visit: October 2019