“Nice place”

Cassis American Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cassis American Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 969 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd avenue north and beach drive
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Cassis is a very nice place, with a great location on Beach Drive. They have a wonderful indoor dining room and a lot of very comfortable outdoor dining. The place has a very European flare. The food is very good. Lots of choices on the menu, and the portions are generous. (They have THE best French fries!) When we were there we all ordered different 'specials' from the days lunch menu and they were all wonderful. The first time I've heard of avocado tempura! (yum) This place is pricey, even for lunch. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We go to St Petersburg several times a year and stay for long weekends at The Vinoy. We always look forward to at least two meals per stay at Cassis. The food is fresh and creatively prepared, service is good and people watching on sidewalk is always fun. I love a salad that I make my dinner with lentils, etc. Adjacent to the restaurant is a pastry/coffee/gelato bar that calls to us frequently. Warm croissants, fresh baked cookies, fresh squeezed orange juice....yummmm!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Cassis is a very fun place to eat and hang out. With sidewalk seating on the Beach Ave In St Pete, the view in wonderful and you never know who you might see walking down the street.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I visited Cassis for the first time yesterday for our date night. I'd always wanted to eat there as I'd heard such good reviews but I was sorely disappointed. Our server was gruff, unsmiling and abrupt. My black bean burger was simply average. Their bread had a hard crust and an equally hard inside. My husband tried the blackened grouper which he said was very ordinary. I did however enjoy the creme brulee. Overall, I would not visit it again except to sit outdoors on a nice weather day and drink a chilled glass of wine.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The food was ok, nothing special in regards to taste! The menu items sounded really good but when the food came out, it was nothing more than ordinary. the atmosphere was good even outside. Would only recommend this place for a quick meal. The prices were average.