“Halloween visit”
Review of Alto Mare Fish Bar

Alto Mare Fish Bar
Ranked #129 of 1,005 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed November 1, 2019

Busy night for Halloween. Group of friends. Dinner good. Octopus very good, lobster good but pasta heavy. Enjoyed chowder but really thick, filling and a smidgeon salty.
Enjoyed the atmosphere and bustle of night life passing by.
Great for people watching

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (41)

Reviewed September 17, 2019

A little expensive but a unique menu with some very tasty food. Definitely worth a visit and very good service.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Janesth
Reviewed September 7, 2019

Beach Drive is the place to be for great food in St. Petersburg and Alto Mare Fish Bar adds another great place to this list. The tuna was perfect, the cauliflower yummy, and the scallops cooked perfectly. The wine, while not one I would normally have was also a perfect mix. Nice end to a perfect St. Petersburg day. Try some really great food like we did! Marietta, our waitress, was super nice, knew the menu and had great first had knowledge of the flavors of the food. Her suggestion of the cauliflower was a perfect addition to our seafood carvings.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Saturday downtown St Petersburg and the Beach Drive restaurants and bars are buzzing. So many choices to indulge in great food, wine, cigars and cocktails. In the end my choice this evening was that elegant but inviting fish bar - ALTO MARE. I have been here before and have never been disappointed. This evening was no exception. Alto Mare is now becoming quite well known because of its excellent menu and service ethic. However, my dinner tonight was exceptional so I decided to share. My culinary delight was labeled as "Kimchi Spiced Red Snapper". Not quite sure what to expect I was wide-eyed when a colorful platter appeared before me. On my plate was a crispy cake of quinoa and sushi rice. Next to this was a bed of roasted but crispy brussels sprouts, which had a generous seared filet of red snapper. Its skin was lightly cooked and flavored with the chef's secret spices that made this meal addictive. Needless to say, I ate every morsel. I accompanied this with a great Californian chardonnay but next time I would probably indulge in a glass of champagne.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Wookie-Orlando
Reviewed August 19, 2019

I can't tell you how many times I walked past Alto Mare without noticing it. I guess that's solely on me though... I just assumed it was part of the restaurant next door. I'm giving myself a dope-slap for that oversight because I wish I had tried Alto Mare sooner! My wife and I weren't really hungry on our visit, so we didn't order large. Instead, she ordered the steamed mussels special and I ordered the steamed clams off the menu. Both were fantastic, and the portions (with a side of the specially baked bread) were perfect. We also looked at other items ordered by the tables around us and saw several dishes we'd like to try on our next visit. They also have a very nice wine list to choose from, and the service was great. Big Thumbs Up!

Date of visit: August 2019