“Nice and friendly are the words”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of GayStPete House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
GayStPete House
Playa del Ingles, Spain
“Nice and friendly are the words”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We enjoyed staying there for a short week... The surroundings are quite nice, a few minutes drive from downtown St Pet. The house is calm, quiet, surprisingly decorated by Brian the owner...oriental corners, various lounges, life-savers seats around the pool make it a permanent discovery... A few animals dwell there: Packer the Parrot, Urban the Poodle, John and Mary the Gekos and the usual running all over tiny Florida lizards... Am I forgetting the shy or not so shy squirrels stealing seeds from Packer ?
Our room was not that large but since we had tons of luggage I wonder who's to blame !
Breakfast was offered with quite enough to satisfy most people tastes...
GSPH isn't a palace but a honest, cool, enjoyable place to stay to take some rest and have fun, far away from the pretentious Flamingo. I must say the owner is quite friendly, eager to help and not the nosy, dramatic or obnoxious kind of person. Thanks Brian for our stay ;-)

Room Tip: The little house by the pool is the nicest. We had room A I believe, maybe not the best but right on...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank doomsky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Thanks' to brain and staff, and the new doggie, everything was very nice.
I and my guest that came with me was very happy there.
We had noticed the upgrades to the property. We like what we saw.
When my buddy and I return it will be our fourth time. The bar/breakfast/lounge are was updated and nice. Our room was nice. Thanks again Brian for the hard work and upgrades you put into it.

Chris & Gregg

Room Tip: Be sure to have the Spa water More clear !!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank meathere y
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Brian, the owner, was great. He was helpful and accommodating.

The rooms are okay..nothing fancy...could use some love and updating.

My biggest complaint was why an establishment that bills itself as gay house allows straight young girls to be naked around the pool. It was very awkard and uncomfortable. The day/night we spent there, a young, straight, 21 year old (she told her age) was taking advantage of the "clothing optional" option with her two gay friends. For that reason alone, I doubt we will go back. If you are gay resort, be a gay resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank BURGESS-IN-VA
gaystpete, Owner at GayStPete House, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I'm sorry, no where in any of my advertising does it say we are a men only establishment. Anyone who wants a relaxed, clothing optional place to stay is welcome here. There was one straight girl, not girls, and she was visiting her two nude gay friends here. I wish you the best of luck in your travels.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed a few nights recently, pool area is very nice, although the pool was very cold for a so called heated pool. Brian the owner and "urban" the dog are very good hosts. The problem here is the rooms, old, tired worn décor, a mish mash of old furniture and beds. To be honest the two rooms we had need totally gutting and starting again. Wouldn't go back until the rooms have had a major refurb.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Chris G
Ft. lauderdale, fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The rooms are dumpy, the grounds over grown and old, the common areas are pleasant enough
although everything needed a good hosing down or it seemed so. The pool is great and the guests were nice which made our stay at Gay St. Pete house OK. Overall the place felt like a lower end P Town guest house with really bad sheets, old and pilled. Would have been a totally different experience with new linens, towels and a room that felt or looked clean.

Room Tip: Don't go upstairs, stay poolside or don't bother.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Bayridgeguy
gaystpete, Owner at GayStPete House, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Thank you for the suggestions, we've change the staff and focused on cleaning the rooms better. We've also been investing a fair amount of money improving this old house. Hope you will give us another chance, Thank you! Brian
Naples, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

A very well run property with a helpful host. The rooms have direct access to the pool and hot tub and are a good size. The rates are fair, especially if you choose to stay a week. Also would be a great place for a weekend getaway. The location of the property is very central for shopping, cultural life, and nightlife. I'm looking forward to visiting the property again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank pluto189
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Brian is a delightful host
I made a last minute addition to my trip and wanted to add 2 nights in St. Petersburg
Brian responded quickly to my email inquiry - informed me what was available - and I booked my reservation shortly thereafter via phone
upon arrival I found my suite ready - the pool inviting - the fridge stocked with beverages - and a very relaxing environment

and my dog was most welcome here

definitely my destination of choice on my next visit to st. Petersburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo