“Brian, the owner is the best part.....”
Review of GayStPete House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
GayStPete House
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The rooms are dumpy, the grounds over grown and old, the common areas are pleasant enough
although everything needed a good hosing down or it seemed so. The pool is great and the guests were nice which made our stay at Gay St. Pete house OK. Overall the place felt like a lower end P Town guest house with really bad sheets, old and pilled. Would have been a totally different experience with new linens, towels and a room that felt or looked clean.

Room Tip: Don't go upstairs, stay poolside or don't bother.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bayridgeguy
gaystpete, Owner at GayStPete House, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

Thank you for the suggestions, we've change the staff and focused on cleaning the rooms better. We've also been investing a fair amount of money improving this old house. Hope you will give us another chance, Thank you! Brian

There are newer reviews for GayStPete House

Reviewed September 21, 2013

A very well run property with a helpful host. The rooms have direct access to the pool and hot tub and are a good size. The rates are fair, especially if you choose to stay a week. Also would be a great place for a weekend getaway. The location of the property is very central for shopping, cultural life, and nightlife. I'm looking forward to visiting the property again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank pluto189
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Brian is a delightful host
I made a last minute addition to my trip and wanted to add 2 nights in St. Petersburg
Brian responded quickly to my email inquiry - informed me what was available - and I booked my reservation shortly thereafter via phone
upon arrival I found my suite ready - the pool inviting - the fridge stocked with beverages - and a very relaxing environment

and my dog was most welcome here

definitely my destination of choice on my next visit to st. Petersburg.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank tedc061
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Me and my partner Kim stayed at this jewel of a place for a week. We were going to stay at the Flamingo Resort for 10 days but switch here after 3 days ( What a dump ) and dirty the Flamingo is. The tea dance on Sundays was fun, but only that!
Gay St.Pete gave us a beautiful place to just relax, swim and have nice conversations with other guests.
Brian the host and owner is the best with his dog Urban, he was very friendly and helpful but not in your face all the time, you are really left alone unless to want the company. I cannot say enough about this place, Kim and I have been looking for that one place to go to, well we have found it, already booked 3 weeks next May. That's says it all! (the private parking was great!)
Mike&Kim from Denmark

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank michaelneason
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Good infrastructure with nice, heated pool, massage parlor, sauna, bikes, hot tub and very nice staff. Brian the owner as well as Brent his 'help' are very friendly. The rooms are very nice one the one I had (D) was very spacious. The cleanliness could be better but still is ok. Also the attendance of the staff could be better but that is my personal opinion. I very much estimate when hosts are participating an breakfast and evening happy hours.

Room Tip: The only room I know is room D (upstairs) - I can really recommend this room. Spacious, big refriger...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Adrian G
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great stay for value. Fifteen minutes from beach and close to Grand Central section of St Pete. Very casual atmosphere. Only six rooms which adds to atmosphere. Room was in need of repair but acceptable. Was surprised that room is not serviced daily but for the price I was more than happy to make my own bed.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We arrived very late and we were perfectly received by Brian, so about service and friendliness no complains. Very good, The Guest house has a nice pool area and breakfast is taken outside with other guests, enough time for nice talks.. The only complain we have is the cleanness, please do some efforts and we come again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jörg-Achim F

Thank you for the suggestions, we've changed the staff, focusing on a better cleaning in the rooms. We are continually working to upgrade this old house, and hope you'll give us another chance. Thank you, Brian