“Nice Raw, Vegan Experience”
Review of Leafy Green Cafe

Leafy Green Cafe
Ranked #45 of 899 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Description: Leafy Greens Cafe is a five-star Raw Vegan Cafe. Our food is completely gluten free, Non-GMO and predominantly organic. We have been voted one of the top 30 restaurants in Central Florida and were voted top vegetarian by Best of the Bay.
Ontario, Canada
“Nice Raw, Vegan Experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here after looking into possible vegan options in the area. It provided a true raw and vegan experience, where one can feel optimally healthy about all of the food choices on the menu. The menu is rather small, but provides a fair selection of various smoothies, salads, appetizers and main courses. We tried the soups, a salad and pizza. Everything was very tasty and beautiful looking. The Tuscan pizza is highly recommended. Portions are on the smaller size, and it is a little pricey. However, it is very comparable to other raw, vegan restaurants that we visited elsewhere. The food in places like these is like an art and the experience can be well worth it, not to mention the health benefits.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 24traveler24

New York City, New York
“Great food that's great for you too.”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a whim and found a true gem. After sitting down we discovered they are a raw vegan restaurant. I was torn but decided to stay, and are we glad.
The gazpacho was delicious and the burger (dehydrated) was amazingly flavorful. We cannot recommend this place enough. Other items were also delicious. The cooks proudly work in the open. The ex-New York waitress is a gem of happiness too.

1 Thank JosephfromNYC
Florida
“Great vegetarian food”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This place serves very tasty lunch treats that are creative, fun and most of all filling! Their fresh teas are amazing!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank shinestardrc
Boston, Massachusetts
“Healthy! Great! An oasis for the tummy!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Wonderful, informative, friendly server. Delicious dishes prepared with such care. Try the Tuscan Pizza! That was my fave. A bit pricey, but if you see the amount of detail that goes into each dish, and then see how great you feel even hours after eating, it's worth every dime! Don't miss the opportunity to eat here.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank UpgradeMeNow
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“I wish I could eat this way every day!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I understand why people who are not vegetarians or vegans might complain about this kind of food. Take me to a steak house and I'm going to complain too. Yes it costs more, but look what you're getting! I tried to go raw vegan, but, the pizza crusts, breads, spreads, sauces, and cheeses are expensive to make. It's also very time consuming to make things like the pizza crusts and the raw onion bread, they have to be dehydrated. I don't understand the complaints about the lettuce being used for the tacos because they describe everything on the menu and you know you're getting a lettuce leaf before ordering. I got the Zucchini Spaghetti. They start out their description of this dish by saying it's extraordinary. IT IS!!! The marinara, the marinated veggies, the pine nut parmesan, layer on top of layer of deliciousness. You'll be able to see from my picture (I got takeout) that the portion was huge. I also got the Tuscan Pizza.........OMG!!!!
I took a bite and it was so delicious I ate a whole slice before I remembered to take a pic. Don't go when it's busy. Call in your order ahead of time. There are ways around the possible lengthy wait time. I drove from Homosassa Springs for this food.....it was worth the trip.

• Visited December 2012