“Great vegan”

Leafy Green Cafe
Ranked #45 of 899 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Description: Leafy Greens Cafe is a five-star Raw Vegan Cafe. Our food is completely gluten free, Non-GMO and predominantly organic. We have been voted one of the top 30 restaurants in Central Florida and were voted top vegetarian by Best of the Bay.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great vegan”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

All raw food vegan restaurant. I was skeptical but my vegan partner and I gave it a try. Glad we did. Inventive, tasty food. Good service on our visit. Both had soups- a thai curry and a pineapple. Both excellent. I had the tacos (lettuce shell and ground walnuts for the "meat") and he had pizza. Both dishes very good. A little pricey for lunch. Only a few tables inside and a few outside. Highly recommend for "different" food.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Larry H

St. Petersburg, Florida
“A New Experience”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Well my companion have gotten me out to try more vegetarian resturant. We visited Leafy Greens Cafe in downtown St. Petersburg, which is my favorite area of St. Petersburg. It is a nice cozy place with sitting area outside as well. The menu is totally raw. What I mean by that is, nothing is cooked. They do not have a stove or oven at all. When I went to the rest room to wash up I took a look around the kitchen ( it's just that cozy) and was puzzled. So to make sure I asked the server how do they cook their food because I did not see a oven or stove. She kindly explain to me the menu and the concept of raw. I was amazed and ready to try this new experience. I started off with the Pineapple-Cucumber Gazpacho soup. It was very tasty and refreshing. We shared the Mediterranean pizza which is made of this wonderful grain crust. The crust was so good we wanted to purchased some to take home. Unfortunely we were not due to the extensive process of making the crust they only had enough to keep up with their daily demands. Maybe I should have just asked for another pizza and made it plain. They also offer a zucchini spaghetti. The zucchini is cut in a way it comes out looking like spaghetti noodles. This is certainly a like or don't like concept. You should give it a try if Raw Vegetarian food is your thing.

1 Thank Citydiva1
Holiday, Florida
“Great Raw Vegan Food!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

No matter what I order at this restaurant it tastes amazing and the added bonus... I feel terrific when leave. If you are in St. Petersburg I recommend stopping by for lunch or an early dinner. Check their closing time because they don't stay open late.

I highly recommend this restaurant but just remember there is not any meat on the menu. Don't bring the kids and expect to order a hot dog and french fries.

1 Thank TarponPaul
“I'm not a vegan and I loved it”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Its amazing what they can throw together with fruits and veggies! I had the Tuscan pizza and it was delicious. They also have a great selection of teas. The wife and I will be back.

1 Thank Torregrm
Tampa, Florida
“tastes good and good for you”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've been to Leafy Greens several times. Service seems slow, but each dish preparation is labor intensive, using very fresh ingredients which explains the wait and the cost. None-the-less, a satisfying meal can be had for $10-$20. Never knew Zucchini spaghetti or Raw pizza could be so delicious. My favorite is the Real Deal sandwich, on raw onion "bread" which I crave. Tea lovers will appreciate an extensive selection, served in cups which brews loose tea right at the table. Go for an unhurried experience in a cozy atmosphere, or dine outside.

• Visited July 2012