“One of our favorite places to eat!”
Review of Red Mesa

Red Mesa
Ranked #16 of 899 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue South
Transit: Free Public Transportation for Tropicana Field sporting events, i.e., Rays games, one block away. A municipal PTSA bus stop is across the street at Publix. Taxi’s all know Cantina.
Description: With Mexican cuisine at its heart, Red Mesa Cantina blends Latin and Caribbean kitchen traditions to create a menu of exquisite ceviches, tacos, and small plate classics that deliver bold, fresh flavors. An award winning, word-of-mouth favorite among locals and visitors alike with the most extensive selection of Tequilas in the South!
SAINT PETERSBURG
“One of our favorite places to eat!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Whenever possible sit outside on the patio. Plenty of shade and a great atmosphere with the brick walls, water fountain and stream. Great service! During the very long happy hour (3 to 7 pm) get the house margarita for $3. Get the chips and salsa and El Gordo burritto, it's easily a meal for two! What value!

• Finnish first
seminole
“So good”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I try to keep most of my reviews short and sweet, but it's hard when it comes to the cantina.
Their menu has so many great items, it's hard to narrow down what's the best. I always get the chicken taquitos to start with..the best anywhere..they have a chili arbol sauce, cilantro crema, and an onion-cabbage mix..perfect every time. After that, it's tough to choose because you can't go wrong..tacos, entree's..they rock.
Also, Sunday is hospitality night..%50 for those in the industry, alcohol included.
Overall, one of the best places to eat in St. Pete.

Clearwater, FL
“Fish tacos were great”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I met a client here for a biz lunch so I had to focus on the meeting. Having said that, we both had fish and shrimp tacos. The preparation and presentation was outstanding. It was the most humid day of the summer so everyone was inside. In our "great" weather seasons this will be a killer place to eat outside. So much of the menu yet to be explored!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great ambiance, delicious food, and good crowd”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I eat here all the time for brunch and the food is always great - the crab cake benedict is amazing. The decor is really cool and the crowd seems to be mostly working professionals and some famalies which we really appreciate. I will continue to eat here whenever I getthe chance.

• Visited June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Ambience, good food but server lacked skills”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The interior and exterior have style. It was nice to see something different. Loved the bar area with the wrestling masks...fun! We dined here for lunch and got seated inside fairly fast but you could tell it was a popular place. Unfortunately our server was in too much of a hurry. She had zero interest in us. She immediately came to table and quickly said "I'll start you off with 5 waters" and never once asked again what we really wanted to drink. It just so happened my husband and I wanted wine and our kids wanted tea. But we decided to forgo bothering her. My husband's shrimp al mojo was excellent! My taco salad was fresh and had just the right amount of dressing which was light thankfully. The kids ordered beef tacos and quesadillas were basic but the presentation was good. Not a fan of the mushy guacamole...it tasted like store bought. I prefer guacamole with lots of cilantro and the avacodos to not be "creamed". Overall 4 out of 5.

Visited July 2013