“Fish tacos were great”
Review of Red Mesa Cantina

Red Mesa Cantina
Ranked #14 of 916 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican, Peruvian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue South
Transit: Free Public Transportation for Tropicana Field sporting events, i.e., Rays games, one block away. A municipal PTSA bus stop is across the street at Publix. Taxi’s all know Cantina.
Description: With Mexican cuisine at its heart, Red Mesa Cantina blends Latin and Caribbean kitchen traditions to create a menu of exquisite ceviches, tacos, and small plate classics that deliver bold, fresh flavors. An award winning, word-of-mouth favorite among locals and visitors alike with the most extensive selection of Tequilas in the South!
Clearwater, FL
“Fish tacos were great”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I met a client here for a biz lunch so I had to focus on the meeting. Having said that, we both had fish and shrimp tacos. The preparation and presentation was outstanding. It was the most humid day of the summer so everyone was inside. In our "great" weather seasons this will be a killer place to eat outside. So much of the menu yet to be explored!

• Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great ambiance, delicious food, and good crowd”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I eat here all the time for brunch and the food is always great - the crab cake benedict is amazing. The decor is really cool and the crowd seems to be mostly working professionals and some famalies which we really appreciate. I will continue to eat here whenever I getthe chance.

• Visited June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Ambience, good food but server lacked skills”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The interior and exterior have style. It was nice to see something different. Loved the bar area with the wrestling masks...fun! We dined here for lunch and got seated inside fairly fast but you could tell it was a popular place. Unfortunately our server was in too much of a hurry. She had zero interest in us. She immediately came to table and quickly said "I'll start you off with 5 waters" and never once asked again what we really wanted to drink. It just so happened my husband and I wanted wine and our kids wanted tea. But we decided to forgo bothering her. My husband's shrimp al mojo was excellent! My taco salad was fresh and had just the right amount of dressing which was light thankfully. The kids ordered beef tacos and quesadillas were basic but the presentation was good. Not a fan of the mushy guacamole...it tasted like store bought. I prefer guacamole with lots of cilantro and the avacodos to not be "creamed". Overall 4 out of 5.

Visited July 2013
tampa
“Best mexican in town”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a pricey mexican restaurant compare to other taquerias in town, however you will find consistent, fresh and well balance food. Service is always great ( something hard to find in this area)
The restaurant can be laud, so please don't plan a romantic dinner here. This is a great informal dinning experience. Kids are always welcome and treated nice. You don't have to worry about having the worst table in the restaurant, they don't seem to put you in the worst corner because you have children (if you are a parent you know how it goes sometimes) on the contrary they treat you as nice with of without them. We love this place.

Visited May 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Unique spin on Mexican food in a vibrant setting”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Having lived in Oaxaca, I know something about Mexican food. As it happens the chef at Red Mesa Cantina is also from Oaxaca.and offers a unique perspective on Mexican food. Not many Mexican menus offer duck tacos or tortas and it is rare to find Veulve de la Vida in Florida, The version here was really good. The place is loud and full of energy on the weekends, so if you want a quiet place, this is not the spot for you. Bu, if you are up for the downtown St Pete vibe, then RMC is a great idea. The drinks were goo

• Visited July 2013