“Great food and ambience!”
Review of Red Mesa Cantina

Red Mesa Cantina
Ranked #16 of 908 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican, Peruvian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue South
Transit: Free Public Transportation for Tropicana Field sporting events, i.e., Rays games, one block away. A municipal PTSA bus stop is across the street at Publix. Taxi’s all know Cantina.
Description: With Mexican cuisine at its heart, Red Mesa Cantina blends Latin and Caribbean kitchen traditions to create a menu of exquisite ceviches, tacos, and small plate classics that deliver bold, fresh flavors. An award winning, word-of-mouth favorite among locals and visitors alike with the most extensive selection of Tequilas in the South!
Chicago
“Great food and ambience!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I go to this restaurant every time I'm in town visiting friends. We love the appetizers, tacos and margaritas, and keep coming back for the beautiful outdoor seating and atmosphere. I was there most recently on a Saturday and they had fun live music in the bar.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank awesometown

• Finnish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Perfect Spring Lunch Spot”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was a first stop for a wine and shopping day in downtown St. Pete. I had the Ceviche Sampler; my fellow traveler had the Ahi Tuna Wrap. My Sampler was truly delicious and way more filling than I thought it would be. My favorite was the Cantinita Ceviche, which consisted of Snapper, shrimp, calamari, blue crab, orange, tomato, red onion, chile arbol oil. It was totally fresh and delicious for a warm Florida April afternoon. Our service was very good, we ate outside which is always nice on an April afternoon in Florida. Our white Sangria was pretty good, we opted for the added brandy so by the end of our meal, we were pretty satisfied. My one complaint was the big water fountain that is kind of the main centerpiece of their courtyard dining, was off and the water drained. I know that malfunctions happen, but wouldn't this fix be on the A' list of problems to be solved?

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Consistently excellent food and service!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I love the atmosphere on the patio. This a great place for a relaxing dinner, or even a Sunday brunch. The ceviche is so yummy - very fresh- and I love that they serve tacos a la carte so that I can mix and match. I have yet to try anything on the menu that I didn't like. Be sure to try their caipirinha - it's a very tasty drink.

Linthicum, MD
“Killer Quesadillas”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stopped by here for lunch after visiting the Dali museum. It was late in the lunch hour and it was not crowded. We were seated outside on the shady terrace. With the fountain and the outdoor sculpture, it was very relaxing. We ordered sangria while we waited for our food. My pork burrito with verde sauce was quite good. My daughter, however, ordered the duck quesadillas. She just raved about them. Later, when we discussed the various meals of our ten-day trip, she pronounced the duck quesadillas the best thing she had eaten the entire time. No complaints about the service. We enjoyed our meal.

Windermere, Florida
“Greeat food, service and atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The courtyard is a perfect place for a relaxed dinner with great food and service. We tried several dishes and enjoyed them all. I look forward to a return visit.