“Great birthday cruise”

StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht
More attraction details
Owner description: The StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht is a sleek and stylish 113-foot ship. It is the newest addition to the StarLite Cruises fleet and the most desired vessel in Tampa Bay. This fully modern vessel offers unparalleled atmosphere and remarkable views. The vessel’s star quality and enticing menu combine for an extraordinary dining experience. The StarLite Sapphire can accommodate up to 150 passengers for any type of function. We are a short distance from the Don CeSar Hotel, Tradewinds Resort, Sirata Beach Resort, Alden Hotel, Postcard Inn on the Beach, Sunset Vistas, Bilmar Hotel, Crystal Palms Resort.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We took this cruise on a Sunday evening and it was well worth the money. The menu was 5 star cuisine and the wait staff very attentive. We ordered, then walked around the upper deck and our server came and let us know each time our course was served. The live entertainment ( lady singer) was really enjoyable. We saw dolphins while dining and the landscape was beautiful. I highly recommend this and hope to experience again on our next visit.

2  Thank Martha V
StarLiteFlorida, Manager at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Happy Birthday, Martha! Thank you for spending your evening with us. We are glad to hear that everything was perfect, including the meals, and you were able to see dolphins! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

All reviews
"birthday package"
in 6 reviews
"window table"
in 4 reviews
"our server was very attentive"
"wonderful cruise"
"st pete"
"ship"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We chose not to dine and just enjoy the sightseeing aspect of the cruise. We found that the cruise was just so-so. The narrative was difficult to hear on the open deck. We cruised at a very slow speed so the distance we went was not that far. The return part of the cruise was even slower - it seemed like they were just trying to make the trip last two hours.

1  Thank SALLYCAT8166

Thank you for cruising with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the cruise as much as you thought you would. I would encourage you to take the cruise again in the future, and to have lunch on board so that you can feel the full effect of the Dining Yacht. We look forward to seeing you on board again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We took the luncheon cruise yesterday on the Starlite
Sapphire. It was a relaxing two hours. The scenery on the intra coastal waterway and the commentary by the captain was very interesting. The food was excellent. The ship was very clean and the crew curteous.

StarLiteFlorida, Manager at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for cruising with us! We are delighted to hear that the cruise, narration, boat, food, and staff all were enjoyable for you. See you next time!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We just got back from our luncheon cruise. I had family from Nebraska and wanted to have a good time. We were told we could board no earlier than 11:30. At 11:25 we got our tickets and boarded. The boat was filled.The bus loads of people who boarded before us, got on board at 10:45, No picture was taken. We had a table at the stern on the 2nd level. The waitress did not welcome us but told us to hurry up and order. The music was so loud and scratchy we could not talk to the person across the table from us. When the pictures were handed out to everyone, we were told we came too late. But we could have our picture taken at the end of the cruise if we wanted to wait. When everyone else was served dessert but us, I inquired. We were the only ones not on the charter cruise. That was a special package. So we were the minority and treated like one. I would never go on this cruise again. I complained at the ticket office when I left the boat. There was no apology, just told how lucky we were to be on this special cruise. We did not feel special, just discriminated against. Someone needs to revamp the culture of this company.

4  Thank Elizabeth A
StarLiteFlorida, Manager at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the cruise. The day that you cruised with us, we had a Theme cruise also scheduled. With those, the parties who book (usually large tour groups) board early and enjoy a portion of the morning on board while listening to the themed music at the dock, and pay a different rate for this. The regularly scheduled luncheon cruise guests (which is what it sounds like you booked) boards at the normal boarding time of 11:30.

The groups for the Theme cruise also have pre-paid desserts included with their ticket, and pay extra for that. The Luncheon cruise ticket that your party booked doesn't include dessert, but is offered to you for purchase on board.

The boarding photos are taken upon boarding, at the time that the tickets are exchanged with the captain who takes the guest to their table. The passengers on board then have the option to purchase the photos at an additional charge. I spoke to the host on board that day about the issue with your boarding photos, and I understand that your group boarded the cruise without being taken on the by the captain and therefore no one was there to take your photo.

We are sorry for the misunderstanding between the two types of cruises, but hopefully you understand now that it was definitely not discrimination. If you would like to further discuss this, please call our management office at 727.462.2628. Thank you!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had the best wedding ever on the Sapphire.

PROS:

We chartered the Sapphire for our wedding in February 2014. It was great! We added half an hour to the cruise which was just about perfect. The food was delicious! Most guests ordered the surf and turf and found it delicious (this is very good as my now-husband and many of our guests raise their own cattle and are pretty particular about their beef). Our vegetarian (pescatarian?) friends also loved the food as there were multiple fish options. I had the stuffed shrimp and thought it was delicious. I also loved the pina coladas. :-) We had our cake delivered, and the Starlite crew handled everything (which is good, because the cake arrived about 2 minutes before our guests did. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that).

Music
The music was great. We had filled out a DJ sheet with song preferences for dancing, and she played the best music! Everything was perfect for us, and everyone had a blast dancing and singing along. She even agreed to let us sing karaoke, but sadly, too many drinks and not enough time prevented us from doing so. Ha ha.

Decor
The table settings were very tasteful, and small, electric tealights were placed around the boat and gave a beautiful glow. We had a beautiful full moon, and white birds flew alongside the boat almost the entire night. It was gorgeous. We brought favors to the boat the day before, and they were beautifully placed at each guest's seat when we arrived on the wedding day.

Captain Scott was wonderful.

CONS:
A couple crew members were upset about something, and I think they seemed a little grumpy to a few guests. I heard a couple grumblings from a few of them while I was getting my dress on, but I didn't notice it during the ceremony or reception.

I'm going to recommend not attending if you are extremely hungover. I think a few of our guests were feeling a little miserable from the previous night, and the water made it worse. That being said, if you didn't have too much to drink the night before, seasickness is not a problem at all because you're not out in the open water. I only felt the boat rock once.

1  Thank Kristinw5280

Kristin,

Thank you for celebrating your special day with us! We are so glad you enjoyed everything about the cruise. It sounds like the food, music, and scenery all exceeded your expectations, which is great! The comments by the staff have been addressed, which I apologize for. Congratulations on your marriage, and best wishes to you! We hope to see you again soon!