“Relaxing Sunday lunch cruise”

StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht
More attraction details
Owner description: The StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht is a sleek and stylish 113-foot ship. It is the newest addition to the StarLite Cruises fleet and the most desired vessel in Tampa Bay. This fully modern vessel offers unparalleled atmosphere and remarkable views. The vessel’s star quality and enticing menu combine for an extraordinary dining experience. The StarLite Sapphire can accommodate up to 150 passengers for any type of function. We are a short distance from the Don CeSar Hotel, Tradewinds Resort, Sirata Beach Resort, Alden Hotel, Postcard Inn on the Beach, Sunset Vistas, Bilmar Hotel, Crystal Palms Resort.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Relaxing Sunday lunch cruise”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Four of us sailed on the Siunday Jazz Brunch cruise on May 26. The food and service were excellent; the music was easy listening and relaxing. We had gorgeous weather and saw dolphins, boats of all kinds and enjoyed the Intracoastal sights. We recommend this cruise to anyone.

Visited May 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our wedding and dinner cruise reception”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had our wedding and dinner cruise reception (5/6/12). I have to say it was amazing, the staff certainly exceeded our expectations, and our guests. They handled everything with grace and I never knew of any issue. Our ceremony (performed by the captain) was beautiful, our reception went so smoothly (thanks to the head chef, I believe his name is John, who went above and beyond at every turn). I never had to worry about a single thing, he always let us know when it was time for each event and had everything set up beautifully. I'd say he coordinated everything just as, if not more, efficiently than a professional wedding coordinator would have.

I am still getting compliments to this day on how amazing the food was and the cruise. Many of our guests have asked for the information so they can book their own dinner cruise.

Yes it is an old boat, but that's what makes it special. If you're not looking to feel like you've stepped back in time to the Victorian era a bit, then this is not the cruise for you. However, if you want to escape this modern time for a few hours and enjoy some romance, wonderful food, great service and a wonderful staff then this is the dinner cruise for you.

1 Thank Brkfastattiffanys
StarLiteFlorida, Guest Relations Manager at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Congratulations on your wedding and first-year anniversary! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the StarLite Princess, which was sold in October and replaced with the StarLite Sapphire, a sleek dining yacht.
Wilmington, DE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a beautiful way to have lunch!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Delaware Delegation to the Republican National Convention wanted to spend some time on the water..................and so I found the StarLite Princes Paddlewheel Riverboat -- by accident, while zipping by on the highway. I stopped on impulse and am so glad I did! The luncheon cruise was excellent -- service, food, and views! Great value for the money........great way to experience time on the water! Everyone raved about the boat, the dining room, and the food. Special thanks to Theresa for her patience and help!

Visited August 2012
StarLiteFlorida, Director of Sales at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you! It was our pleasure hosting your delegation! I'm pleased to hear that Theresa took such good care of your group and that you had a wonderful afternoon. Please come back and visit us again!
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fabulous relaxing evening!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recommend this dinner cruise after having gone on it this weekend. We were lucky and had the most amazing sunset! Surprisingly you can get bottles of wine at a great price and drinks are inexpensive compared to restaurants locally. We loved the food as well... I got the fish which was cooked perfect and my fiance got the Key West chicken which was also good. This is an older boat so it's expected that it has some wear and tear so it could use some renovations especially the bar area/ceiling on the second floor. We had a great time and can't wait to try the other StarLite dinner cruise out of Clearwater Beach.

Visited August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and include photos. We're very happy that you enjoyed your evening and look forward to welcoming you aboard another StarLite Cruise.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went in that same cruise last year and it was amazing. Food was great, stuff was very friendly. Paddle boat is pretty and nicely decorated.
This time around, it was complete dissapointment. Food was terrible. Our bread tasted like it had dried up before and then was just rewarmed in the microwave. I ordered steak as very rare, and got it as well done. I asked our waitress Mary for another one, 2 minutes later she brought me exactly the same well done steak as a replacement. She was obviously very annoyed with my request and became borderline rude with us.
I won't be coming back, I used to love their cruises and it's not the same anymore. We spent over $150 last night, and I left hungry and dissapointed.

5 Thank MysticF
StarLiteFlorida, Director of Sales at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I'm sorry to hear of your experience on board the StarLite Princess. Would you please contact us by email so that we can discuss this further? Please send to: info@starlightcruises.com - Attention: Laura