“Huge sandwich”

Ranked #181 of 969 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place was recommended by someone who works in St Pete.

The awning says "Simply Delicious" but that isn't the real name. I can't remember what the name was but the address listed is the correct location.

It is small, cash only. There's one table outside for seating.

The owner and her son were extremely friendly. The sandwiches were huge and very tasty. We ordered small ham and cheese for the kids. There was a ton of ham on it, they didn't even eat half. My husband and I split a large Cuban. We could easily have shared a small one and been full. It was giant. Plenty of meat. It is not a traditional Cuban but it was toasted and pressed. It was really great. I would go again when I'm in the area.

1  Thank Jessica F

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We were taken there by an old friend who has lived in St. Pete for years, and boy was he right!!!! Absolutely LOVED the cubana! The sandwiches are HUGE!!! our picky 8 year old boys ate every last bit! The staff was friendly and inviting!

1  Thank Lady_Mairi
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been to Simply delicious on 9th ave N approx. 21st st at least 15 times I have never been disappointed. I also went to the one on 66th st several times (they are not affiliated at all) for the idiots who can't read addresses I pray for you. Drug use by employees maybe a joint or 2 is smoked periodically but when you make food that good you wonder why. If you don't like it don't go stop complaining nobody cares. I will continue supporting the establishment.

2  Thank julie g
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great local Cuban neighborhood style sandwich shop. Can get everything from picadillo to meatloaf, but they are known for their Cuban sandwich. Beware of the words "small" and "large", their large Cuban is enough to feed a family of four. Oh and the joint isn't big on fancy wallpaper or crap like that....it's pretty much take out only, get it 2 go, then drive a mile down to the waterfront and have a nice picnic lunch in the Burg.

3  Thank Silverman_Noah
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was the first and last place we ate at while we were in the area for a week.Kathleen and Cindy were outstanding in every way.They would constantly interact with us about everything imaginable.It was as if we had known them forever.On the first lunch visit, Kathleen recommended the corned beef sandwich, which was just fabulous.The next visit was for breakfast, which was just as great.The decor inside is just great, which was done up by one of the owners, George.The other owner is chef and piano player, during certain hours.My wife said that there were 2 chandaliers in the restroom.There was a large screen TV in the men's room.Everything down to the smallest detail reflects New York City.Also, everything is freshly made on site.A really fabulous dining experience.

1  Thank ramhead