“Nope. This is closed”

Cross street: 5th
Hinsdale, Massachusetts
“Nope. This is closed”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

and the building space is up for a new tenant. It's a loss to our cool little Burg.
Too bad. Superior steak frites.

Visited August 2013

“Enjoyed happy hour”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this place by going to happy hour. We loved it. Some great half price appetizers and half price drinks. Very friendly and helpful server. We will return

• Visited July 2013
Brandon, Florida
“OK but better choices in downtown St. Pete!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We Had a business meeting and thought we would give this restaurant another try. It was early so it was not crowded. The servicer was slow to come and returned with only part of our drink order. The wines were not the caliber that we expected....very limited options by the glass.
We tried the "special" and it was ok. The steak was overlooked. One of our colleagues requested a vegan option and were told that this was not possible.
We enjoy the downtown area for events and meetings; we will try other options on Beach Drive.

2 Thank Cathy W
“Nice Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Monday's are not usually a good night to go out to eat but it "was our Anniversary" so I thought I would give St. Pete Brasserie a try. Also being a bit of a Francophile. It was a very quiet night so service was great. A bottle of Wine was 20%off. Soup of the day was a delightful start. I loved the mussel's they had a really nice broth with baked cheese on top. My husband had the duck confit that he said was delicious. I had the snapper it was just ok. I would come back just for appetizer's and a glass of wine at the bar or mabe even try the cassoulet.

“Special Occasion Disappointment”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our dearest friends wanted to take me to a special place to celebrate my upcoming birthday and after several suggestions they were thrilled to take me to St. Pete Brasserie. She called over a week in advance for reservations; advised it was a special occasion and requested a booth. A follow-up call was also made the day before our reservation. We arrived to be told that all booths have a wait; which we decided would be fine. 2 couples celebrating, we rarely go this upscale so we waited in the bar area and the service was nice.
Our friends ordered the crab-stuffed oysters for all of us and wanted us to also have the onion soup that was raved about on reviews. The oysters were fishy; we asked about them and the server told us the oysters were not up to what they should be due to it being a bad oyster season. Well, wait a minute - there was an article in the paper about that; however my husband and I were at the Oyster Bar Aug. 3rd and had phenomenal oysters... so that excuse didn't fly with us. This "starter" was taken off the bill; however we would rather have paid for good oysters. Besides that - why serve them at all; if they are not up to standards of Brasserie? The soup came, ehhh. I didn't complain out load because we were guests but our friends both said that they can make better onion soup. A table leaving during our meal made the same comment. I had the duck breast and it was okay; my friend, who was so looking forward to having the Beef Bourguignon... The Beef Bourguignon looked like dog food in a bowl. When she didn't eat but a couple of bites and then asked for a Chihuahua bag to go; she meant that it would go to her Chihuahua. This place was a complete "miss" August 17th. So much so that we asked if Chef Ward was overseeing the plates going out. This was my special occasion, and I would never let my friends know my disappointment. They, though are embarrassed about picking the place; we dressed up, had a cocktail hour and headed to St. Pete Brasserie. We rarely spend $200 on a meal with our friends, but on occasion we will do this, usually I do the cooking and enjoy serving my love on a plate. There wasn't much love going on these plates, I will attest to that. Being that I review the good along with the bad; I didn't want this place to get a "pass" because someone else picked up the tab.

1 Thank Vinnie1973