“Awesome collection!”

and up
Day Trip of Figueras and Girona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: An unparalleled collection of Salvador Dali artworks, spanning his life and career, featuring works in many media. #TheDali
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

I love that they offer free docent tours every half an hour throughout the day! Our docent was a wealth of knowledge which kept our teenagers interested!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,228)
All reviews
in 159 reviews
"works of art"
"worth the trip"

Reviewed December 11, 2017

My wife and I visited the museum for a short time on a Sunday morning in December 2017. Dali's art is awesome and he was ahead of his time. To me, a retired city planner, the building was equally amazing due to its design, its setting and the views. I'm so glad we stopped by to see this museum!

1  Thank AlanG1211
Reviewed December 10, 2017

We could not justify the full admission price, so went on a Thursday evening when entry is on $10 each. It is an interesting building and there is a lot of Dali-art on display.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

While planning a trip to Orlando I came across the Dali museum in St Petersburg. It was about 90 minutes from where we were staying in Orlando. I am not an artist and claim no particular knowledge of Art. I have always admired some of Dali's surrealism works and find them to be thkught provoking. The museum is home to 96 original works, the largest collection outside of Europe. The museum offers free listening devices to enter in numbers of the works and learn more about a particular work of art. The units are simple to use and the sound quality is good. The staff is very helpful in explaining the units. The museum also has docents that will provide a free 40 minute tour. The insights provide some greater depth to the experience. We used the audio devices and joined a docent tour. Our anticipated 90 minute trip expanded to four hours. Additionally I would highly recommend the cafe at the museum, our meals were fabulous. Easily the best food I have enjoyed while at a museum.

1  Thank Traveler1958mh
See more reviews
Reviewed December 8, 2017

I love art. Not from a critiquing standpoint, just a novice "that's interesting" or "what's the story here" point of view. So coming here was more than a surprise for me. I walked around myself (I came with someone but she walked around herself) and was completely enthralled by the collection of pieces and photographs. I found Dali"s life itself very interesting and knew I would leave with an interest in learning more. I will also come back and take the guided tour because from the little bits I overheard in passing, it only added to an already outstanding experience.
On short my time there was outstanding and I look forward to returning to further educate and familiarize myself. My only grip would be that onsite parking is $10. I didn't park there, I parked in a garage up the block for $5. I just wish if you're parking to go to the museum anyway, that after paying the $10 in the lot that once you went inside and paid your entry fee ($24) at least $5 would be credited since your intent is to visit the museum anyway. But, unfortunately, they do not. It's still a great experience. There's a little cafe for food and drinks and a gift shop with very nice prints and replicas.