“Best museum experience!”
Review of The Dali Museum

The Dali Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: An unparalleled collection of Salvador Dali artworks, spanning his life and career, featuring works in many media. #TheDali
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the best museum experience i have ever had! We took the live tour & our tour guide was delightful and funny. We learned interesting facts about Dali & his mental challenges, as well as his genius!! The guide explained the illusions behind the masterworks! Don't miss this wonderful place!

1  Thank JLHR1962
Write a ReviewReviews (6,940)
All reviews
in 153 reviews
"works of art"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

First I would like to say I am a huge Dali fan., but I have to say that our experience at this new museum was not good.Let me start by saying that we are handicapped and pulled into the parking lot and asked where the handicapped parking is located we were informed by the parking attendant that we had 2 choices either park at in the front by the 2 cones or in the back of the building he then asked for 5 dollars I had asked him isn't handicapped parking free as it is posted online?He told me in an aggravated tone go park in the back I guess he wanted to pocket the 5 bucks.Ok now remember this is our first time to this museum we walked through the cafe to find the desk to get our tickets.I have to say that the gentleman behind the counter was neither friendly or informative.We paid our admission which I was not unhappy about because as I have said earlier I am a huge fan of his art and had gone to the old museum and was impressed.We were shuffled to the elevator and told to go to the third floor.Get off on the third floor we had seen a sign that they were having a guided tour in 5 minutes we went but could not hear it would have been nice if they would have supplied him with a microphone as there were so many guests.So then as the tour continued I had noticed that guests had headsets so I asked the lady where you can get the headsets she told me on the first floor so me and my wife go back downstairs.The ladies downstairs giving the headsets were nice and explained how to use them. But be aware you need to leave them your drivers license until you return them. Having the headsets were a definite plus as it gave Dali info about some of his artwork. But what is upsetting is why not tell customers about this helpful tool as you are paying your admission?Also I think would be helpful to first time visitors is on the first floor by the headsets is a movie that explains Dali the man but again you are on your own. I am not looking to be taken by the hand but it would have been nice to know these things. The gift shop was nice.My over experience is that they are so impressed with the building and the architecture that they have lost the real reason to be there Dali! Also when you are there you will be followed by the men in blacks suits watching your every move,REALLY CREEPY! In my opinion the old museum was much better.

1  Thank wellman321
Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you want to experience mind boggling art and deep reflection, this is the place. Dali truly was different from any other painter. A true master in his trade. His works take the viewers to a whole new thinking process. There are so many things going on in all of Dali's works. He truly was a genius. We spent more time here than we anticipated we would because it is such a great experience we didn't want to leave. The tour guide was amazing as well. Would not recommend for children

Reviewed November 8, 2013

A must stop and well worth a detour, the Dali Museum houses a comprehensive collection of the artist with examples of his work throughout the phases of his art. It shows and explain the genius if the man most considered eccentric and slightly mad. As he said, "I do not use drugs, I am the drug!". One of his most extraordinary work is "Gala Contemplating" which when seen from a distance is an actual portrait of Abraham Lincoln. If you live in the area, a membership is the answer as you will want to go back over and over to grasp the incredible details and meaning of Dali's works. If you are there for the day, plan your day around it and spend the time at each piece to get a better understanding of the mindset of the master. The store is full of "stuff" some good, some of the order of cheap trinkets, most overpriced, but this beautiful museum must cost a fortune to be maintained and staffed. A day well spent and full of fascinating insights into the life, mind and art of a man so many see as "out there"
One more thing, take the time to see and understand a superb example of architecture conceived and designed to protect and display this outstanding collection.

1  Thank Peter M