“Must-see in Florida!”

102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Must-see in Florida!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location and a beautiful building. A combination of cement and glass so it's not giving a lot of warmth or cosy feeling, but in my opinion it matches with Dalí who wasn't into cosiness that much.
We had a free guided tour with an extremely enthousiastic woman who had lots and lots of stories to tell about the paintings and sculptures. Loved it, she made you look at the art in a different way by showing interesting details and telling facts I've never knew about Dalí.

Also the garden is pretty cool with the wish tree, the melted bench and a labyrinth in it & there's a huge gift shop which carries books, jewelry, clothing, posters, souvenirs, presents for kids etc etc. Prices start at about 3$ for a small souvenir, 6$ for a booklet, 20$ for a melted clock, but there are also necklaces and rare books for +100$.

I didn't expect such an awesome museum here in Florida with a great collection of Dalí art, I've also visited the Dalí museum in Spain and I always thought the best works were over there.

Only con is that you really have to make sure you mention any discounts on your tickets in advance (student, soldier, police officer, elderly people etcetera) because the staff is not willing to refund any money when you suddenly discover you're discounted after the payment.
In my case they just said 'who cares for those couple of bucks'. Well, actually I do.

Visited August 2013

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unexpected Gem !”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stumbled across (almost literally) the amazing Dali Museum in St Pete earlier in the year. Let me cut to the chase, artist or not, art aprreciater or not, you must visit this museum.

Take the headset which guides you with each piece and allow yourself 3 hrs minumum to enjoy this amazing collection.

I am not really a huge fan or art per se but was just blown away by the story of Dali, the evolution of his art and the whole experience.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank David G
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Will the Real Alice Cooper please stand up?”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great Halloween party! People in St. Pete really know how to show up. Fabulous costumes, wonderful seafood bar and martinis. Nicely done. Would definitely consider doing it again next year.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dale P
Largo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Love it!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a huge Dali fan, and this museum does not disappoint. I have taken my family there and also have taken students there for a field trip. Their guides are knowledgeable, and their staff members are pleasant and accommodating. Would definitely go again!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Elizabeth H
NY
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“"I was at The Dali Museum"”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am not art buff.
But I enjoy seeing famous art.
So as mentioned in a different review there I was with my 80 year old friend who lives in
Treasure Island Florida, She seems to Hate this art, But she took me there so I can see it, or as she said so I can say "I was at The Dali Museum"
My friend & her Husband waited in the nice sitting / eating area down stairs, while i toured around enjoying the art.
Only complain I had was they were not nice to my friends husband who is an amputee & need a place to just sit, No he didn't care to buy anything to eat, & so they didn't want him sitting around waiting for me, Give me a break the guy is in his 80s was not bothering any one he just needed to sit until I returned from looking around the museum, NOT NICE, Oh & of course I got in trouble when I took a picture of the Art, Opps, Oh well, I was just being me. ( I guess I should not post that Picture here )
The building itself is really nice as is the setting of the building near the water & all of its beautiful landscape

Visited December 2012