“This Location is GREAT for Downtown St. Petersburg”

Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Tampa, Florida, United States
“This Location is GREAT for Downtown St. Petersburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I attended a Working Women's Conference and this was the host hotel, and I am so glad it was!

I had read some of the reviews online, and I can tell you that the only negative I encountered was the small bathroom size. If you aren't emotional about bathrooms being super big, super luxurious during your hotel stays then you will be fine.

The front desk staff was excellent, the cool lobby bar has a nice local feel to it, and the valet guy was always very courteous. There is construction going on for a while (I would guess into mid-2014 but call to ask if you wish) right across the street so do not plan on sleeping in!

The room was very comfortable, and this place is in the heart of the action of downtown St. Petersburg, FL without being noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction noise that is across the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Pros: Cute Boutique hotel only a couple of blocks from the main downtown area and Museum of Art. Great deal on a room through the Salvador Dali Museum. Room was spacious and bed was comfy. Bathroom was a little small and in the middle of the room. We had to wind our way up & down a couple of stairs to the room but that was part of the charm of a historic building. Staff was very helpful & kind. Room had plenty of windows and lots of natural light.
Would have scored higher but for the...
Cons:Never fond of a mandatory valet parking fee in a place you have to drive to. Feels like being "nickel & dimed". Only resturant was the bar. It had a limited, overpriced, tragically hip menu and was not open. We were given take-out menues from a pizza joint and sub shop. Construction across the street wasn't too loud.

Room Tip: Corner rooms had windows on 3 of 4 walls for a nice open, naturally lit space. Rooms on the front o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoStPete, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear DebbieJonathan,

We are happy that you appreciate the charm (and quirks) of our historical property. We really feel it's what sets us apart. That and our "Inspired Service"! Glad that this helped you to enjoy a pleasant stay.

We do understand your frustration with parking. Unfortunately, being in a downtown area with limited parking and using a third party company to ensure enough parking spots for guests, our hands are somewhat tied as with all hotels here in Downtown St. Pete.

As far as the restaurant goes, I just wanted to let you know that we are in the process of rolling out a new menu (printing should be finished this week!). I hope that you will honor us with another visit and try out our new and improved items.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Lutz, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I got this hotel by naming my own price on priceline, unfortunately. It's ugly as all get out. It's like a hotel that wants to be a bed and breakfast. It has has super feminine vibe. Lime green everywhere it's almost comical. It's like some old lady who knows nothing about the how hotels work decided to turn an old beat-up building into one when her husband died and she didn't know what else to do with her money or her time. The rooms smell, which is obviously a very important point and if you look at loads of other reviews you will see the same experience from tons of other guests, so it's obviously not imaginary. The rooms are also crazy tiny. In their efforts to try to be cute or unique or something their darkening curtains in the rooms DON'T CLOSE. Like, what the hell? So you're forced to wake up with the sun, which is exactly what everyone wants when they leave home and stay in a hotel...
Just trust me, if you have the choice, don't stay here. Get a real hotel where they have experience in making rooms comfortable for guests. Like providing rooms with curtains to block out the sun and that don't smell. Ya know, pretty basic fkng stuff. I'm sorry but the no closing curtains thing just boggles my mind. How do you not know people want to sleep in when they stay in a hotel? You have curtains in your own home to block sun when you choose to, as everyone else in the fkng world does, why would you not provide this basicccc accomodation to the guests of your weird hotel? In a nutshell, the owner needs to get a new hobby, because turning run-down buildings into hotels is notttt her calling.

• Stayed November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Nathan A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do take all of the reviews that we receive very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

It looks by everybody has a good experience but me at this hotel. On my first night, the battery of the fire alarm when out and I was woken up by this very loud noise at 5 am. By the time the handyman on duty went to get his ladder and fixed it, I was awake and couldn't get back to sleep, especially because construction in the street start bright and early at 7 am. When I went to complain the next morning,I didn't even have time to finish my story when the person on duty interrupt me and say: so what do you want ? As if I was making this up to get some sort of discount or something and it make me feel mad. Mind you, I had just flew from France for a family emergency here in St Perterbug , I was jet lag and sleep deprived, a little compassion would have be welcome. In professional hotel they change there battery on the clock so people don't get waken up in the middle of the night . Another misstep, when I left the hotel, they charge me twice. I had already pay through the travel agent and They charge my credit cart again. She apologize but have to wait a month get my money back. On the plus side, wifi worked and the bed was very comfortable. Considering the raucous that is going outside with the construction, don't try to use the pool of the jacuzzi , you will get a headache. To make up for all this inconvenient that make it impossible to sleep late, they should offer free breakfast or at least parking.

Room Tip: Away from construction!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear loranse,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the internet service and the bed.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the noise during your stay. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

As for service and friendly staff it was wonderful. Happy and very very helpful with anything possible.

As for the hotel in general it was strange. The only nice part was the historical value. The colors were very bright lime green, rooms were small. Exposed piping for sprinkler systems and what ever else they were for. They smelled very musty and that smell never dissipated. There were also dirty glasses and coffee cups they had for you to use in the room. There is no fridge or anywhere to keep things cool. You could also hear EVERYTHING that was going on in neighboring rooms from the lack of sound barriers.

The bathrooms were incredibly small. I could touch all four walls with room to spare, I'm only 5'7". You could sit on the toilet, wash your hands, and partially be in the shower without a doubt. Water temp and pressure was sporadic at best while in the shower.

The pool and hot tub are outside with zero privacy. You could walk by on the sidewalk and look into it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan A
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I don't mind the "regular' hotels but this was a nice and refreshing change. This hotel was built in 1926 and still retains much of the classic feel. They did a great job upgrading it to a really nice building. The carpet in the hallway helps lower the noise level. Almost everything you have read in the other reviews is true, the bathroom is smaller than normal (but it was plenty large for one person - the shower head is adjustable - great for somebody over 6'); it's a little difficult to roll your luggage to some of the rooms with mid-floor steps; the construction across the street is very noisy but you won't notice it unless you have street-side room; but most of all, the staff was EXCELLENT! I've never stayed at a hotel with such an attentive, friendly staff. It's easy to get in and out and it's just a few blocks from the interstate. I wish they didn't have the $14 / night parking fee but that's standard with the downtown St. Pete hotels. At least the valet service was very friendly also.
This would be my first choice for my next trip to St. Pete.

Room Tip: The construction across the street makes the street side rooms very noisy. The rooms in the middle...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ShannonMayBaystar, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We appreciate your honesty and glowing review. We are pleased to have such a historic hotel and allow it's beauty and charm to invite visitors such as yourself to appreciate it. Thank you for the comments regarding staff and the valet, we appreciate the feedback.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Guest Relations Manager
Weeki Wachee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my second stay here and found it to be as appealing as the first. Location could not be better for walking to best museums and restaurants. Also, Movie theatre right across the street which includes IMAX. Hotel is chic which is a trademark of Hotel Indigo's which is my style. Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful and personal calling me by name and having all check-in paperwork ready on my early arrival. I will be returning to this hotel in the future. Only inconvenient thing was broken USB port in room leaving no option for phone charging.

Room Tip: Building construction across the street so rooms along side or rear are best right now. Should be co...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank brenc779
Dear bren c,

Thank you so much for the positive review about your recent stay with us! We appreciate your feedback, especially with regards to our staff, who are inspired to make sure your stay is enjoyable. At Hotel Indigo, we work diligently and appreciate your recognition. I apologize for your issues in the room regarding the USB port, and wish we had been able to correct when you were with us, but the issue has been resolved.

Thank you so much!

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager