Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Cordova Inn(St. Petersburg)
  • Breakfast included
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)
  • Pool
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
Avalon Hotel(St. Petersburg)
The Birchwood(St. Petersburg)
  • Restaurant
Ponce De Leon Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront porchst peterooms are smalllobby baran older hotellocation is greatquaint hotelbed was very comfortablehardwood floorsrays gametropicana fielddali museumdowntownpetersburgwaterfrontfloridahousekeeper
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is a treasure property. I hate cookie cutter chains (tho' in a pinch usually Hamptons are my choice)and I am so glad we chose Indigo. We traveled with our two dogs and this hotel is dog friendly. The rooms and common areas are spotlessly clean. The bathroom altho small was more than sufficient and stocked with Aveda products. The water pressure is low but sufficient. The room spaciously laid out. The staff helpful and friendly. It is located a few blocks from the bay front and in walking distance of the museums, restaurants, parks and shops along the lovely bay front. We stayed in room 239 overlooking the pool and front of the hotel. You can hear people at the pool in the room (at least one partying group during the day!) and construction across the street begins 8am. This wasn't a problem for us because we stayed over the weekend (no construction) and checked out Monday and get up before 8am anyway. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Orin M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We are here for 4 nights and are very happy with Indgo. Walking distance to everything that downtown St. Pete has to offer. Movies, dining and museums. Tiny room and bathroom but very clean. Very nice staff. 20 minute drive to gulf beaches.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The location is great for walking to the museums. The hotel itself is very cute. It has a very nice spacious lobby with a small bar that doubles as a coffee bar. They also serve food. Also lots of small seating areas to sit around with friends, very pleasant.
They do have a small pool and hot tub which is nice but to get in you sort have go into the concrete stairwell and down a little hall - seemed a bit odd.
We had a room with 2 double beds. It was small but very nicely decorated with comfortable beds. The bathroom was VERY small with a large shower.
FYI: I booked my room woth my Iphone for 4 guests including breakfast. When we arrived they told us that the breakfast was only for 2 guests. Hmmm, should we let our teens go hungry??? Not an option. So I went back to the reservation site on my phone and it never says that 4 guests only get 2 breakfasts. I spoke to the manager and she showed me on her computer how it DOES say only 2. Apparently the phone site is different than the computer site. After I asked, and pointed this out, she sort of reluctantly let me have 2 more coupons. I felt kind of guilty taking them but the fact is it was their mistake! PS: The breakfast choices they offer are good but small and only cost $7-8. Probably best to forgo that breakfast option and just buy what you like or find a different breakfast elsewhere. Nancy, the manager did say she will look into getting the problem corrected.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel is in a walkable area with shops and restaurants, close to a park and the waterfront. Great location and easy parking. Not only is the hotel dog friendly, the whole neighborhood seems to be and we walked to a restaurant with sidewalk dining that allowed dogs (wish I could remember the name). The hotel restaurant, located in the lobby, is inexpensive and the food is okay.

At first they put us in the smallest hotel room I have ever seen outside of Manhattan. It was a very nice room but had only maybe 18 inches clear all the way around the king size bed. We were travelling with our dog and there was nowhere to set up her crate. I spoke to the lady at the front desk explaining he problem and she promptly moved us to a suite at no extra charge.

The suite was nice and very clean. It had hardwood floors and was painted mint green with these big walpapered murals of...I couldn't tell if they were rocks or Easter eggs--very unusual. The bathroom was tiny (but very clean) and the fan didn't work. The tv in the living room area worked sporadically (seemed like an issue with the cable). They never cleaned our room and we had to ask for fresh towels but they were delivered promptly and with a smile.

Overall a good experience. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I came to St. Pete to appear at a Seafood Festival at the beach but opted to stay downtown at the Hotel Indigo because of the great experience I had at the Hotel Indigo in Sarasota. I'm glad I did. From the time I entered the lobby I felt I had stepped into a Lewis Carroll story. The decor for the entire hotel could only be described as whimsical but the staff is very serious about attending to your needs. However, one must remember that this is a renovated hotel from a by-gone era, so if you are looking for spacious rooms and bathrooms, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a boutique hotel that is conveniently located to all that downtown St. Pete has to offer, then the delightfully different Hotel Indigo will more than meet your expectations. (As an aside, I have to offer a shout-out to those who renovated, rather than demolished, this historic hotel. What a wonderful example of urban renewal).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo