Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North
$174
  • Breakfast included
$152
Staybridge.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$97
La Quinta
$188
$167
  • Pool
$126
$119
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$94
$178
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsaveda productsst peterooms are smalllobby baran older buildinglocation is greatquaint hotelvalet parkingbed was very comfortablehardwood floorsrays gametropicana fielddali museumdowntownpetersburgwaterfrontflorida
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous! It is on a brick street with wonderful tropical vegetation, and puts you back into a different ime. The hotel was built in the 1920s, during Florida's boom, and they've left a few of the old touches, such as a procelain water dispenser on the wall so the guests could get their own cooled water and take it to their rooms. The place has been renovated into a swanky, boutique place with wonderful lime green as the dominant color. There is a mural in each room on one wall, wonderful designer beds, laminate wood floors. The mattresses and sheets are great. The bathroom is small, but wonderfully updated with Aveeno products and a really cute sink, and it seemed scrupulously clean.

The location is great: within blocks of the pier and the museums and the waterfront. The place is right in downtown, so you can walk to everything. There is a small restaurant in the large lobby and lots of comfortable seating. The lobby was full of people relaxing and chatting each time I went through it. There is a pool, and a business center with computers and a copy machine, but I never did check out the pool to see if it had a vintage flavor.

But this hotel got only 4 stars instead of 5 because my room was a bit noisy, and at one point way more than a bit noisy. When I first went in my room I noticed a loud buzzing. I couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from, but the floor of my room was literatlly vibraring. I could feel it in my feet. So I went to the front desk, they called a maintenance guy, and it turned out that the ceiling fan (each room has a ceiling fan) in the room below was on. The guy turned it off and the woman at the front desk assured me that they would not be renting that room that night. That took care of the problem. In the morning I could hear the person in the room above me walking around (the hotel has 3 floors). I was already awake so it wasn't a big deal, but what I realized is that the hotel probably wasn't built with the soundproofing we have in newer motels. But if it weren't for the noise problems, I would have given this place 5 stars.

Oh, and when I looked out my large window I got to see a beautiful rubber tree. I liked that too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding. Got a deal through Hotwire. Older "boutique" hotel within walking distance of St. Pete downtown. Parking is limited. Bathrooms small but well-stocked. Would have expected an included continental breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were able to check in earlier than the regular check-in time, which was a plus. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient. No one else was in the lobby and the hotel seemed very quiet. We had to park in a lot around back, and come in through a side door.

Once we got into our room, we were impressed with the furniture and unique decor. It is an older hotel that has been refurbished. But, it's all done relatively tastefully, with lots of lime green. Not sure where the indigo blue is.

When we turned on the TV, it didn't show a picture. I called the front desk, told her of the problem, and the same desk clerk asked me to unplug and plug the TV back in. This fixed the problem.

We went for a walk in the neighborhood, winding up at the St. Petersburg Pier, and had a great time. From there, several sidewalk cafes are on the way back to the hotel, along with a movie theater and several Starbucks-like stores.

Later, I wanted to take a shower, and it did take a while for the hot water to arrive.

Still, all in all, we had a very pleasant stay and I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who is used to a restored hotel experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. I see you had a couple of challanges during your stay, and appreciate your understanding. I will forward these onto the appropriate associates to solve these items for our future guests. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Mother in Law stayed here while visiting us she loved it so much she is booking again. Nice staff nice hotel good amenities good location within walking distance to much of everything downtown.
Lots of lime Green lots of color period but its cherry and eclectic style will lift your spirits.
Good choice as opposed to a Hilton. We hung out on patio with her one night had wine and appetizers served then hit a movie!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Ryan P, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I came into town the 11th thru the 13th of October for a benefit race for my future father-in-law. I'm a seasoned business traveler, but I've never been or even heard of this brand associated wtih Hilton. I thought I'd give it a try because the location was perfect for walking to the pier and other downtown locations.
ENTRANCE:
very inviting and relaxing. The porch area had outdoor couches and chairs that make lounging outside comfortable.
LOBBY:
The 'lobby' area is trendy, but in a fun, key west vibe. The hotel has a small, B&B feel without the feeling that you're on top of eachother. This is the botique angle I'm sure Hilton is trying to channel and it works. The check-in process is just like any other hotel and the staff was professional enough.
ROOM:
We had a king, non-smoking room that had plenty of area to move around. The bed and pillows were some of the most comfortable I've had the pleasure of experiencing in a hotel. The bathroom was shockingly small, and reminded me of my travels in Europe. While some might find this as a negative, I simply feel we really don't need that extra space and this is a more effiicent use of the area. Being 6'6", the shower was plenty high enough and it had enough room. The Aveda products were a nice touch. The only solid complaint came from my fiancee who observed there weren't nearly enough plugs for the dryer, flatiron, and toothbrush. The room had the same look and feel as the rest of the hotel.
SERVICE:
This is where the wheels came off. Generally speaking the hotel performed well, however we had an issue where the cleaning staff failed to clean our room. I contacted the front desk on my cell phone because the house phone didn't work properly. When I reached the associate, I advised her that the room was still dirty (it was now 430pm) and that I needed towels immediately at the very least. She stated that she'd talk with the manager and get back to me in 10 minutes ??!!? Needless to say, there were no towels or call in 30 minutes and we had to leave for the event. Upon our return to the room, 4 new towels, the bed linen wasn't changed but the bed was made. And none of the room had been cleaned. For $150/nt, I expected better service.
SUMMARY:
All in all not a bad place, don't think I'd stay here again, but I wouldn't be disuade anyone from trying it out. This has a small hotel feel to it (aka intimate) and if you like that, you'll like this place. I just think that the staff needs a little polishing. This location was absolutly perfect. Don't forget to stop at Ceviche, excellent restaurant down the street!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review of your stay. We value our guest feedback, as it shows us our areas of opportunity. I am glad that overall you had good stay, but I want to make sure that your next stay is a great one! The service issues that you had are not the norm for our property, and I will make sure to address with the staff. We strive to take care of all of our guests, and that begins with great service.

I hope that we get another chance to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at 727-822-4814 ext# 415 if you would like to speak with me further.