“Lime Green!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Lime Green!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Mother in Law stayed here while visiting us she loved it so much she is booking again. Nice staff nice hotel good amenities good location within walking distance to much of everything downtown.
Lots of lime Green lots of color period but its cherry and eclectic style will lift your spirits.
Good choice as opposed to a Hilton. We hung out on patio with her one night had wine and appetizers served then hit a movie!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ryan P, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I came into town the 11th thru the 13th of October for a benefit race for my future father-in-law. I'm a seasoned business traveler, but I've never been or even heard of this brand associated wtih Hilton. I thought I'd give it a try because the location was perfect for walking to the pier and other downtown locations.
ENTRANCE:
very inviting and relaxing. The porch area had outdoor couches and chairs that make lounging outside comfortable.
LOBBY:
The 'lobby' area is trendy, but in a fun, key west vibe. The hotel has a small, B&B feel without the feeling that you're on top of eachother. This is the botique angle I'm sure Hilton is trying to channel and it works. The check-in process is just like any other hotel and the staff was professional enough.
ROOM:
We had a king, non-smoking room that had plenty of area to move around. The bed and pillows were some of the most comfortable I've had the pleasure of experiencing in a hotel. The bathroom was shockingly small, and reminded me of my travels in Europe. While some might find this as a negative, I simply feel we really don't need that extra space and this is a more effiicent use of the area. Being 6'6", the shower was plenty high enough and it had enough room. The Aveda products were a nice touch. The only solid complaint came from my fiancee who observed there weren't nearly enough plugs for the dryer, flatiron, and toothbrush. The room had the same look and feel as the rest of the hotel.
SERVICE:
This is where the wheels came off. Generally speaking the hotel performed well, however we had an issue where the cleaning staff failed to clean our room. I contacted the front desk on my cell phone because the house phone didn't work properly. When I reached the associate, I advised her that the room was still dirty (it was now 430pm) and that I needed towels immediately at the very least. She stated that she'd talk with the manager and get back to me in 10 minutes ??!!? Needless to say, there were no towels or call in 30 minutes and we had to leave for the event. Upon our return to the room, 4 new towels, the bed linen wasn't changed but the bed was made. And none of the room had been cleaned. For $150/nt, I expected better service.
SUMMARY:
All in all not a bad place, don't think I'd stay here again, but I wouldn't be disuade anyone from trying it out. This has a small hotel feel to it (aka intimate) and if you like that, you'll like this place. I just think that the staff needs a little polishing. This location was absolutly perfect. Don't forget to stop at Ceviche, excellent restaurant down the street!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review of your stay. We value our guest feedback, as it shows us our areas of opportunity. I am glad that overall you had good stay, but I want to make sure that your next stay is a great one! The service issues that you had are not the norm for our property, and I will make sure to address with the staff. We strive to take care of all of our guests, and that begins with great service.

I hope that we get another chance to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at 727-822-4814 ext# 415 if you would like to speak with me further.

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel on October 15, during a business trip.
I chose it because it was 5 minutes from where I had to work in downtown. Very basic and narrow rooms, mine didn't have a desk or a coffee table. The bathroom looked as it had seen better times, especially the walls, ceiling and door. Elevator access to my room was limited, and had to carry my luggage upon 5 stairs to and from my room.
Nonetheless it was clean and quiet; the staff was friendly and welcoming, the surroundings nice, good restaurants close by, close to the marina.
In the whole it was too expensive for what it offered, if it were not for the location I would not recommend it. For the same price you could stay at Hampton Inn or Hilton close by.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the back are quiet..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am a little troubled that your room didn't have a desk in it, as all of our rooms have a desk. Some of our rooms are smaller than others as our building was built in the 1920's before the cookie cutter design of the newer hotels today.

Hopefully you will give us another chance to show you why we are better than a Hilton or Hampton Inn. Please feel free to contact me directly when you return to Saint Petersburg, so I can ensure you get one of our Deluxe Rooms.

727-822-4814 ext# 415
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for a night and loved it. Our room was clean and we loved the charm and old building feel. The lobby was welcoming and the staff was quite friendly. It is just a short walk to the restaurants and sights. We stayed at the Hilton st. Pete during our last trip and liked the lively feel of hotel indigo much better. The overflow parking lot was a little interesting, but wasn't a problem. I'd pick this 3 1/2 star over the others in the area any day.

• Stayed October 2012
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here as part of a Week long 5 city baseball trip... The staff was super helpful. Hotel is very clean and well take care of. Could not say more about it. Very comfortable room! Was almost like being at home! The Staff... The Staff... They are amazing... I have worked in hospitality for almost a decade, this hotel has the right people. Racquel is perfect, i would stay here again based on her alone! Even though my dad is slow, and ate not one but 2 dog biscuits off the counter! gotta love fun times!

Room Tip: You will love it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GabeFranchise
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

During a weekend stay, we were particularly struck by the high quality of the staff. Everyone we encountered--from the check-in desk to the restaurant--knew the meaning of hospitality and created a friendly, comfortable experience. When condensation from an interior air conditioner dripped to the floor, the staff responded immediately to our call--and the first question we got was to inquire whether any of our clothes had gotten wet. (They hadn't, and the issue was very minor: I bring it up only to sing the praise of a staff that pays attention to the guests). The restaurant offers a properly priced selection of healthy choices--a welcome change from over-priced high cholesterol meals that are often hotel fare. Parking is convenient, on the hotel property--also welcome in a downtown hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Hotel Indigo is owned by the same company that owns Holiday Inn. However, the experience is completely different. The hotel is much smaller than average, but service is their number one priority. Anytime I needed something, the front desk person would help without an issue.

When you pull up to the hotel, there is a nice patio area outside to sit and hang out. Inside, the Hotel Indigo features bright green and pink modern decor, which is unlike other hotels I've stayed at.

The hotel did have a semi-rustic feel, especially the doors and door knobs. But the furniture was all new, almost as if I was the first person to stay in my room. The room was spacious, but the bathroom was a little small.

I look forward to staying in more Hotel Indigo properties in the near future.

Room Tip: A quick tip: if you're traveling with 2 or more people, book your room for 3-4 guests, so that y...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business