“A new St. Pete favorite!”

Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Florida
“A new St. Pete favorite!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I needed a room in St. Pete last minute, and was able to book a room here the same day I left - for a very reasonable rate. I was delighted with the quaint hotel (it's a very old hotel, remodeled to resemble a South Beach-esque boutique hotel, at least that's what it reminded me of.) Service was friendly and professional. My room was perfect for me. The bed was very comfortable, shower was fine as well. Since I basically arrived, changed and went out - and left the next morning, I didn't have a chance to check out what else the hotel had to offer (the bar/cafe looked very inviting and had a delicious-looking menu.) The location was perfect - walking distance to Bay Walk and a 5 minute drive to the Dali Museum and Pier. I'll definitely be back the next time my travels take me to St. Pete!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Xtine_in_Florida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before, and I think they've done some renovation. The decor is very lovely - they've managed to blend a hip factor with the charm of this older building. My room was SMALL: I think it's JUST about big enough for one person. However it was very comfy and was well-appointed. Loved the bathroom despite the lack of space to put my stuff (I have a lot of stuff LOL).

Ordered their breakfast and the meal and the service were great. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful as well.

Negatives: the room is REALLY small; the walls are VERY thin so I could clearly hear conversation s in neighbouring rooms AND the hallway; AND, because it's an older building, there are steps you have to deal with on each floor, towards the back of the building. Not fun with luggage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nicole T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Nicole T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the breakfast and service to be great. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the size of the room and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Although it is a quaint hotel .. you will hear every conversation and drunk walking down the hall. Put me in room by ice machine and sounded like it was in my room cycling about every hour!! Also booked for 2 people in King and was put in smallest room with a double. Very small bathrooms. I went to front desk to check out early stating it was the worst experience I had they said they would move us to a better room (although I asked to be moved when I checked in and they didn't). There are much better hotels in St Petersburg that is within walking distance to a lot of things .. I would not recommend this hotel ..!!

Room Tip: Don't stay Here ..!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank winetrav_9
IHGCare, IHG Care at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear winetrav_9,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for appreciating our hotel. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the noise created by other guests. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida, Usa
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We travelled with both of our dogs and it went very well. There's no dog run and limited areas for them to do their business, but for downtown, it was excellent. Room was very clean considering that it is pet friendly room. Staff is very friendly, bartender was always nice, going out of his way to be helpful. Hot tub was actually hot. This place is within walking distance of everything. If you like to run, bike or rollerblade, you are 3 blocks from one of the longest paved trails in Florida. If you travel with pets, don't miss Fort DeSoto dog park, where dogs can run on the beach unleashed. Don't miss burrito boarder restaurant 2 blocks away, happy hour gets $1 beers and $1.50 tacos. Again, great location, you should be able to find what you are looking for.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Jeff G
Orlando
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a great hotel and location is wonderful.
Went for one nite on 4th of July to the Tampa Bay Rays Game.
Staff was awesome and rooms where clean.
Nothing bad to say.
Parking was fine too.
I would stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is quaint, beautiful, and perfectly located in downtown St. Petersburg. We were able to walk everywhere and didn't move the car until we checked out. The rooms are very nice and have all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. The pool area and hot tub were nice as well. The decor is fun and fresh! The staff were very helpful in suggesting great places to eat and providing us with directions. We plan to stay here again in the future! Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a tough review for me because I'm used to newer modern luxurious hotels but I enjoyed my stay. The service was impeccable and they really worked hard to ensure our total satisfaction. I was here for business and used the meeting room which was good also. My biggest complaint are the rooms of course. They are VERY SMALL and the bathroom is just ridiculously small. For one night, no big deal - the bed was very comfy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business