“Both practical and restful”

Watergarden Inn at the Bay
Vancouver, BC
“Both practical and restful”
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I stayed at this B&B for a week when I was working at a conference nearby. It had nearly everything I needed as a business traveler, but with a vacation atmosphere instead of a corporate one. The only downside was that wireless Internet access was slow on some days (and very fast on other days). Breakfasts were superb and the Sunrise room was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Louisville
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed for the weekend of the Indy car races and we could not believe the quiet pampering we received at the Inn. I have stayed at other B & B's, but this truly topped all of my experiences. The beds were plush, the amenities (large tubs) were a great repose after walking all day and the breakfasts were a gastronomical delight! In addition, the service Dennis and Judy provide is unequaled! Stay here! You will not regret it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Just Here
Reviewed March 30, 2009

This was our second stay at the Inn. Both times were for a birthday celebration/relaxation. Walking in the downtown area is easy from the Inn's location. We just live in Tampa but it's nice to know there is a place like this within driving distance. Dennis and Jewly did not forget the details when remodeling the Inn. Their love and dedication to the "project" is everywhere you look. Check out the album in the sitting area and you'll understand what I'm talking about. We look forward to our next stay...and we know we won't wait for another birthday this time. We really love to stay at the Inn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My wife and I got married two years ago, and my mother had booked this place as a gift for us to spend our "mini-moon" (the first couple of nights after the wedding). We had such a wonderful experience during that first stay, that we chose to return there for our first anniversary, and have booked to do the same for our second.

Dennis & Jewly were incredible hosts. They were the perfect blend of hands-on service at the drop of a hat, along with complete privacy and solitude when it was needed. They're there if you need them for anything, but never in your way.

The food is incredible. I had read in previous reviews that the breakfasts made you not need lunch, but I'm a pretty big fan of food, so I was skeptical about that. Lo and behold, I have yet to eat lunch while staying there!

The entire atmosphere is so romantic and relaxing, from the rooms to the common areas. They have a large collection of up-to-date DVDs that are available for guests to just grab off the shelf at their leisure, as well as a computer that guests are allowed to use.

This place has simply been perfect, and it has an extremely special place in our hearts.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Others have captured the detail of this place very well so I won't duplicate. I am generally not a "gung ho" B&B person however this location was more like a small hotel and not your aunts house. So there was plenty of privacy and you didn't feel like you were eating in a strangers kitchen.

We stayed in the Sunrise room and it was perfect. The bed was very comfortable. The water pressure was awsome with two heads soaking you down and room for two if you want to save water ;)

The food was excellant lots of poached eggs with well done sauces. I don't usually get an appetizer for breakfast.

Our hosts were gracious (thank you Julie and Dennis).

My only negative comment (in the spirit of continous improvement) The coffee was weaker than we are used to. Too much Starbucks in our lives.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
tampa
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My stay at Inn at the Bay was extremely enjoyable. The room was beautiful with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The breakfast was to die for. Jewly and Dennis were very accommodating and it was obvious how much thought went into making every guest feel comfortable and welcome there.

• Liked — the comfortable beds
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
florida
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My wife and I travel more then a few times a year around the USA. Stay in 4 or 5 star hotels,rent big houses..and really enjoy life. Only live across the Bay here in Tampa..short get-a-away for us for the weekend. Fine dining and a show in St. Petersburg for this weekend. Well, on the internet we found "Inn on the Bay". What a great find!
Jewly & Dennis are the "REAL" hands on people (Owners). Either or they are there to check U INN .give U the tour, show U the fridge ,ice machine..etc.etc. J&D have put quite a bit of effort and love into this place..it shows. Only had 2 Breakys there and Dennis was our server .meantime ..Jewly is in the kitchen a cookin. I should say "Food Channel here..This is not your put out cereal boxes, 1/2 a grapefruit B&B. This is some good foodie.. Fab presentation,Fab,service. Enouph said..Y'all can read the other reviews ..put this together and run don't walk to this "FAB" B&B ..I know had a B&B myself
M&D Lutz,
PS...They love children & animals..as we all
M&D Lutz, Fl.