“WOW What a great place to stay.”

Watergarden Inn at the Bay
Rotonda West, Florida
“WOW What a great place to stay.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We chose this as a quick get away for our anniversary and were so glad that we did. This Inn is so cozy and comfortable and our innkeepers, Wilder and Bill could not have been more accommodating. They assisted us in finding 2 very special restaurants for our stay and providing us with directions and ideas of things to do. The gardens and pool area are beautiful. We really never needed to get in the car once we got there as everything is within an easy walking distance. Breakfast was very good with gourmet coffees, fruit pastries and even cereals.
This is definitely on our do again list !!!

Room Tip: We traveled with friends and chose the Hibiscus and Egret rooms so we could close the hall door and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We've stayed at the Watergarden Inn for a couple of short, getaways. We live in the area - only 30 minutes away. It's very relaxing and quiet. The pool is an oasis, and even though we're Floridians, we enjoy just lounging by the pool with a good book. The owners are wonderful hosts and provide a wealth of local information on places to eat, etc. We love that we can park our car on arrival, and just walk to everything for the entire weekend. There are plenty of restaurants and things to do within walking distance. We will definitely return!

1 Thank Beverly W
Roswell, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in the Egret room for a get away vacation. My room quiet and pleasant with a private bath. The owners and housekeeping staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The pictures on the home page are accurate- it is as attractive as it looks. In addition to the pleasant rooms, there are multiple seating areas both inside and out if you would like to sit and visit or enjoy coffee and a good book. Breakfast was very casual with a good variety of items. The dining room, which looked out over the pool, was inviting and attractive. I spent my days sitting by the beautifully landscaped pool. Not only was the landscaping beautiful, it provided plenty of privacy. At lunchtime, the waterfront was literally only a minute away and there were several eatery's from which to choose. There are also several art galleries and boutiques for those interested in shopping. In the evenings I attended baseball games at Tropicana Field. It was a walk of a few blocks to catch the free shuttle. Upon my return, the drivers were willing to drop me off a few blocks closer to "home". The return walk was pleasant and quiet- I didn't feel at all unsafe even though it was later in the evening. Whether you are looking for a quiet retreat or for a location near the many attractions in downtown St. Petersburg, this is a great place to stay, either alone or with family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Betsy S
Acworth, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in the Key West room, which was one of the least expensive, but it was large and luxurious to us. We had family staying at the Vinoy, which was twice the price, but we definitely preferred our room to theirs. We tend to prefer seclusion to crowds and the Watergarden is still less than a block away from the heart of St. Pete. We can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dayle_Flowers
Wilmington, Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I wanted to spend some time in downtown St. Pete while on vacation. I was stationed in the US Coast Guard down town at Albert Whitted Airport, and we like the area and the number of good restaurants available. The Watergarden Inn was perfect. The owners were great hosts, the location was within walking distance of all the places we wanted to go, and the room was very charming. The morning breakfast was very nice, lots of fresh fruit, healthy choices and the dining area was very nice. I have family in the area, and we will be returning to St Pete again, and this will certainly be a place I will consider staying. A real plus was having a private parking area directly behind the hotel, safe secure and easy access. Very charming and quaint.

I was a commercial airline pilot for over 30 yrs, and this was one of the most relaxing and pleasant stays I have had in many years of hotels and layovers.

1 Thank captkenny51
wesley chapel, florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've only had a few bed and breakfasts under my belt, but as I have tried most every hotel and condo situated on St. Pete Beach, I decided to go inland. I knew I found a gem when Bill asked what time I'd like to arrive; a far cry from the Tradewinds where you are handed a buzzer and can only pray the front desk doesn't get smashed with eager incoming. As it turned out, the Lilac room did not have an occupant and when I tentatively mentioned 10:00 a.m., Bill said, "Great!" Seriously, can you believe that? We pulled into a private parking area directly behind the gardens and adjacent to the flower shrouded, crystal blue pool. The main living area was old time southern Florida and just as the description mentioned, there was the guitar you were welcomed to play if you didn't play badly! Our room was lovely with a big picture window and window seat for viewing the street. I jumped out of bed at 6:00 a.m. and Bill was already cleaning the pool. Gourmet coffee is offered around the clock and delicious breakfast goodies were up and ready. I can't imagine any place beating this place for location. I took a slew of pictures of eateries and shops within easy walking distance. Museums, ball park, dog parks, boating -- everything was just - there. Bill pulled out a very comfortable bike and I rode unhampered through the streets of old St. Pete absorbing the historical sites. I didn't get a chance to rent a boat, but I'll do that next time. What I really want is for Wilder and Bill to go on an extended vacation and let me "substitute" ( I am a teacher and Wilder had her on school in her other life). Just saying, I'm available...

Room Tip: Take the Looper -- sort of, kind of, like N.Y.C. double decker bus. Eat a little something at every...
2 Thank plbfla
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is our second stay at the Watergarden Inn and it will not be our last! We stayed in the Veranda Suite over the weekend and we had the most relaxing time. The room is perfect! The bed is cozy, bathroom is stylish and modern and the living room area is so quaint. Our favorite part was the porch where we were able to relax at the end of the evening with a glass of wine. The pool is so refreshing and well maintained (Thanks Bill!) Our stay was more than we could have asked for. The breakfasts are very filling and the cappuccinos are great! Wilder and Bill are so welcoming and very sweet. The whole Inn is immaculate and so very well maintained. The housekeeper works very hard to clean and keep the place spotless. (She's also a Dolphins fans, so she gets an "A" in my book :) We cannot wait to go back next year in June and we will be staying in the Veranda again. Thank you Watergarden Inn for making us feel at home and providing a quiet place for me to study :)

Room Tip: The Veranda Suite is perfect!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business