“Serenity”

Watergarden Inn at the Bay
wesley chapel, florida
“Serenity”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've only had a few bed and breakfasts under my belt, but as I have tried most every hotel and condo situated on St. Pete Beach, I decided to go inland. I knew I found a gem when Bill asked what time I'd like to arrive; a far cry from the Tradewinds where you are handed a buzzer and can only pray the front desk doesn't get smashed with eager incoming. As it turned out, the Lilac room did not have an occupant and when I tentatively mentioned 10:00 a.m., Bill said, "Great!" Seriously, can you believe that? We pulled into a private parking area directly behind the gardens and adjacent to the flower shrouded, crystal blue pool. The main living area was old time southern Florida and just as the description mentioned, there was the guitar you were welcomed to play if you didn't play badly! Our room was lovely with a big picture window and window seat for viewing the street. I jumped out of bed at 6:00 a.m. and Bill was already cleaning the pool. Gourmet coffee is offered around the clock and delicious breakfast goodies were up and ready. I can't imagine any place beating this place for location. I took a slew of pictures of eateries and shops within easy walking distance. Museums, ball park, dog parks, boating -- everything was just - there. Bill pulled out a very comfortable bike and I rode unhampered through the streets of old St. Pete absorbing the historical sites. I didn't get a chance to rent a boat, but I'll do that next time. What I really want is for Wilder and Bill to go on an extended vacation and let me "substitute" ( I am a teacher and Wilder had her on school in her other life). Just saying, I'm available...

Room Tip: Take the Looper -- sort of, kind of, like N.Y.C. double decker bus. Eat a little something at every...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank plbfla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is our second stay at the Watergarden Inn and it will not be our last! We stayed in the Veranda Suite over the weekend and we had the most relaxing time. The room is perfect! The bed is cozy, bathroom is stylish and modern and the living room area is so quaint. Our favorite part was the porch where we were able to relax at the end of the evening with a glass of wine. The pool is so refreshing and well maintained (Thanks Bill!) Our stay was more than we could have asked for. The breakfasts are very filling and the cappuccinos are great! Wilder and Bill are so welcoming and very sweet. The whole Inn is immaculate and so very well maintained. The housekeeper works very hard to clean and keep the place spotless. (She's also a Dolphins fans, so she gets an "A" in my book :) We cannot wait to go back next year in June and we will be staying in the Veranda again. Thank you Watergarden Inn for making us feel at home and providing a quiet place for me to study :)

Room Tip: The Veranda Suite is perfect!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MellowMarshmellow
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This place is right priced. Perfect location and innkeepers are very friendly yet respect your privacy. Only two suggestions. Fix the crack in the manatee room bathroom wall. Jacuzzi tub rocked though. And offer a serviced breakfast for those who want to pay an extra fee. Continental breakfast was great but I would have paid an extra $10-20 fee for the two of us to have a hot breakfast served to us. I'd make it an add on option to a guests base rate if they want it.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Fishbone99
WilderW, Owner at Watergarden Inn at the Bay, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We loved having you stay with us and helping you surprise your wife. Thanks for the heads up about the paint crack. Old buildings settle, but we're on it! We know that everyone has their own preference for breakfast, and we appreciate the suggestion. Chefs we are not, but we serve an awesome cappuccino! Hope to see you again soon.
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My Wife and I went to St. Petersburg this weekend to take in a Corvette Show at The Pier.
After reading the reviews of the Watergarden Inn and the proximity to the waterfront, we booked our reservation. The hospitality given to us by the owners Bill and his Wife Wilder far exceeded anything that we have ever experienced. The rooms are beautiful, and the property is lush with exotic landscape including a private pool. Hats off to both of them and their Bed and Breakfast for making our short getaway memorable! We will be back!
Thanks Again,
Chuck and Lynne

Room Tip: Check out their website and choose your own beautiful room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We are not usually B&B/Inn people. We usually stay at vacation clubs, so we didn't know what to expect. However, the location and reviews of Watergarden Inn were enticing, so we tried it. We were glad we did, had a great time and had no regrets. The owners are lovely people who take great care of the property. They create a warm/relaxed atosphere that feels like staying at a friend's vacation home. One special request I will make when I return is to have the feather bed removed from atop the standard mattress before arriving. They said that most guests love them and offered to remove it if we didn't like it. The feather bed shifted all around in the night and was generally uncomfortable. Besides the feather bed, we loved the other amenities. They pool is beautiful and such an oasis in the city. You can truly walk to everything with ease - the bayfront, restaurants and museums.

Room Tip: As for the feather bed to be removed unless you know you like them.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolzano, Italy
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was really one of the best experiences with a hotel or B&B we've ever had. The atmosphere of this charming old, beautifully restored inn, the sorrounding lush garden with a lot of tropical plants and trees made it a lovely oasis we loved to return to after our exploration of the nearby interestung sites (the Pier, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Salvador Dalí Museum, etc.). And everything is in walking distance (restaurants, shops). You can leave your car in the inn's parking lot and walk around or use the trolley (the "Looper") to explore downtown St. Petersburg or the buses to get to St. Pete Beach and Passe-a-Grille. And don't forget the beach at Fort De Soto.
Last but not least: The friendly owners who made our stay very comfortable from the moment we arrived. Thank you for the excellent espressi and cappuccini! You couldn't ask for a better breakfast as there was such a wide choice of everything. Definitely a place to stay again when we return to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I fell in love with this location before I even saw it in person. Just from looking at their website FAQ (with such jewels like "Q: Does the Inn have a guitar I can play? A: Yes, only if you don't break it or sound bad."), I knew this place was right in our wheelhouse. The first time I visited the property, one of the owners, Bill, gave me a full impromptu tour of the place, opened every available room, and had a couple of good jokes up his sleeve to boot. When I showed it to my then fiance, he immediately agreed that this was where we wanted to celebrate our wedding.

As the wedding date drew closer, Bill and his wife Wilder stayed in contact, helping us out with organizing the guest rooms and listening to my many frets of inclement weather. As my guests started to arrive, everyone was welcomed so warmly, and Wilder had a knack for remembering everyone's names. I just can't express how invaluable Watergarden and their hospitality was. They made my husband, me, and all of my guests feel like family. I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. I really cannot thank them enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple