“Exquisite home away from home stay”

Beach Drive Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed April 7, 2009

This is the best B&B I've been to by far. The inn keepers are the most welcoming and the location is great. From my room I could lay in bed and hear the horse drawn carriages go down the street. It was so peaceful and extremely clean. The Inn is beautifully decorated with many period pieces of furniture. The suite was decorated with top of the line bed linens for that extra comfort.The breakfast was outstanding, not the usual cold breakfast. The Innkeepers made sure had a gourment hot breakfast if you desired. So if you are looking for a great romantic place to stay or on business you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Beach Drive Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed March 1, 2009

The Key West room has a bed that you don't want to leave. The close walking proximity to downtown (especially the Saturday morning market and water-front) entices you to do so. The quaintness of the inn and conversations with Roland and Heather add to the charm and atmosphere. We celebrated our honey moon and loved every minute till we had to leave. We have already planned our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1mace
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My wife and I spent our 10th anniversary here. The breakfast was great and we enjoyed the use of the
Bikes to explore. The inn is very convenient to the local arts as we were also there to see Jerry Seinfeld. The innkeeper was friendly and hospitable. We especially enjoyed the homemade cookies.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2009

The Beach Drive Inn was one of the best weekend getaways that I have experience to date. I have already planned another visit towards the end of January 2009 for some relaxation and enjoy the super bowl festivities. The Inn Keepers Roland and Heather are great and will accommodate your wishes during your stay. I enjoyed that restaurants, shopping, and nightlife was within a few blocks or inexpensive cab ride. I also like that the water was right out the front door and there is a great trail/park to walk or run on for exercise.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Princess1994
Reviewed January 18, 2009

The Inn itself is quite pretty and is in a nice location, but that's where the positives stop. The innkeeper has no place being an innkeeper. We got to the inn and were escorted to our room, but it seemed as though we had interrupted him. He mentioned they had a "wine and cheese welcome" and that if we were interested we needed to let him know. The room was okay, nothing special, quite basic. Don't expect anything fancy, like water glasses in your room! lol.
The wine and cheese welcome was a joke. My husband and I were greeted by two glasses of vinegar, basically, and a tiny plate of white and yellow cheese cubes with toothpicks stuck in them. We were the only ones taking part in the wine and cheese thing, I figured out why. We spent a few minutes talking with Roland, the awkward innkeeper. We left for dinner shortly after, however once we returned there was no parking due to a couple getting married at 11p.m at the inn that night. My husband looked for Roland to ask where else we could park. Once he finally found him he moved his car for us, again seemed as though we were bothering him.
The breakfast the next mornng was nothing short of terrible. When I booked the room via their website, I indicated that my husband and I do not eat beef or pork. Our omlette thing was full of sausage! Roland said, "Oh, I can make you something else if you want." I wanted to say, don't bother.
My husband and I have stayed at a lot of B&B's and we realize that not all are going to be amazing (like the Hamilton Turner Inn in Savannah), but this place was just bad. It was my husband's birthday weekend and I had wanted it to be special, but this inn was a real let down.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
beachdrive, Innkeeper at Beach Drive Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2009

The bride and groom that stayed with us had originally planned to have a small wedding at North Straub Park earlier. However, her purse was stolen at a local restaurant and she was very distraught and asked me if they could perform the ceremony at the Inn with 6 people. My "heart" went out to her because no bride should go through being upset on her wedding day. We accomadate all our guests needs and to my disbelief I did not meet another guests expectations.
I advised the guests that I did not see their dietary preference on the reservation. I asked them if they would prefer something different besides the egg casserole that was prepared and they declined. In addition we offer a continental breakfast. Furthermore, although we offer a wide selection of wines, vinaigrette is not one of them. Again, We strive to make sure all our guests needs are met.

Reviewed October 27, 2008

What a great restored historic home! My wife and I loved our room, the Vinoy House, and could not have been more pleased with the service we received form the Inn keepers. Roland makes a great breakfast too. The king size bed in our suite was extremely comfortable. I normally don't sleep well in a strange bed, but I got some of the best rest I've gotten in a long time. There are dozens of restaurants, shops, museums and night clubs within walking distance (7 blocks or less). The water front is beautiful and we enjoyed using the bikes to ride along the pier and parks. We've already recommended this B&B to friends and family and will be staying again. We only wish we could have stayed longer on our first visit.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Staycationer007
Reviewed October 25, 2008

My husband and I were in desperate need of a weekend getaway. The Beach Drive Inn was just what the Dr. ordered! We were welocmed with amazing fresh baked cookies and a super friendly staff eager to please. Our room was beautiful with top of the line bed sheets and pillows. The location is also superb!!! We cant wait to return for the holiday seasons! We loved renting the scooters. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mkbab8