“Another GREAT experience at Great Explorations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great Explorations Children's Museum

Great Explorations Children's Museum
Ranked #24 of 123 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Explorations Children’s Museum has served the children and families of the Tampa Bay area since 1987. Designed for children 10 and under, the 23,000 square foot museum is filled with exhibits and activities to stimulate learning through creativity, play and exploration. The museum also offers a national award winning preschool, camps and afterschool programming, field trips and community outreach programs.
Palm Harbor, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Another GREAT experience at Great Explorations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

It's been a little while since my family last visited Great Ex. When my son wanted a birthday party there I didn't hesitate. I booked the party with just a couple weeks’ notice. The staff were accommodating to my delay in planning. It was a smooth and easy process.

We hosted several families with children ranging in age from 18 months to 7 years. My sons (ages 5 & 7) were engaged from the moment we stepped into the museum. The kids were able to play in groups and individually. Some exhibits are better with the involvement of a parent (Fit4AllKidsVille, Pet Vet, TV news show). Other activities are better when the kids just play (the rubber sand beach, Publix grocery store).

Our guests (parents and kids) were delighted and entertained. A few had not been there before, but will likely be back. My kids were safe and engaged. I prefer that their play be meaningful, which it is here. We were at Great Ex for close to 3 hours and could have spent more time.

The door admission is just $10 per person - a great value for several hours of activities to hold their interest. Locals should check out a membership which makes this already great value even better. We now have a membership and my boys can't wait to go back.

2 Thank EcoStyle

Brooksville, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The Kids Will Love It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We took our Grandson and he had a blast. There are many hands on exhibits and experiments for the children and the climbing exercise they get is a welcome respite for the Grand-parents! Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank travelingtomnole
St. Petersburg, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“under 7 years old”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Have visited often, my 6 year old grandson gets very bored after about 45 minutes, 4 year old grandaughter can enjoy the museum for three hours.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank sandybeachdeb
St. Petersburg, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Big improvements!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a difference a year makes! This Children's Museum was much improved in Feb of 2012, but in March of 2013 it seems like a whole new museum. Our 14 month old grandson loved the indoor beach with rubber sand! This is now the best place for 1-10 year olds in St.Pete.

1 Thank skwagman1
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful my five year old preferred to Disney!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Cute, easy park, twenty bucks for two and they gave me free pass for next day when heard we were from Europe and we got chatting, so we went back as next day was rainy. Plenty for kids under 8. Our son did three hours . Would return. The gardens next door are worth seeing and same car park