“A wonderful art museum”

Museum of Fine Arts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From a legendary permanent collection, to compelling traveling exibitions, the MFA is ready to inspire with diverse and ever-changing opportunities to experience art. Discover over 4,500 years of civilization in thousands of objects ranging from antiquity to the present- the only comprehensive art collection of its kind on Florida's west coast.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Museum of Fine Arts is located in a great location in downtown St. Petersburg. You will not be disappointed with
all the exceptional art work contained inside this building. The
outside area is exceptional with lovely satues. Do not miss going to this museum while you're in St. Petersburg.

There are newer reviews for Museum of Fine Arts

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This museum has a lot of fabulous art inside, like some Georgia O'Keefe's. The building itself is beautiful architecturally and is right on the water in downtown Saint Petersburg. It is surrounded by quaint shops also on the water front. The inside is well maintained and very quiet. They provide a detailed handout upon enterance. The shop is nothing to speak of, and the cafe seems a bit over priced, but that's typical for any museum cafe. The enterance fee is quiet reasonable for everything you get to see, and they often have fantastic traveling exhibits also. I've visited this museum at least three times in the last three years and always enjoy seeing favorite pieces again along with always discovering something new. A great local treasure!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Used my Bank of America free passes to go somewhere I would not usually go but once I was inside I had a hard time leaving. The ancient Buddha from the 12 century, the 1000 year old bronze works from Japan, 17th Century European silversmiths works, the African art mixed with Renoirs and modern arts was a wonderful way to travel through time. I will be back again as the art changes as it does on a regular basis.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My mother and I went to the Museum of Fine Arts for Smithsonian Museum Day (9/28/2013). Parking was a bit hectic, and the museum was pretty packed with people. I'm assuming this was due to it being a Saturday and Museum Day (free admission available to this and many other local museums as long as you sign up beforehand at the Smithsonian.com website). We severely underestimated how large this museum was. Previous reviewers commented that the main exhibit was under renovation, but that was completed by the time we visited. We had an early lunch at a nearby restaurant and entered the museum around noon. They closed at 4 that day, and unfortunately we really only had time to see less than 3/4 of the museum. As two adults who appreciate fine art and like to take the time to read about some of the different pieces we could have spent a full day pretty easily. I noticed the only 1 star review was really about the restaurant rather than the museum, but there are a LOT of restaurants nearby within walking distance. Having eaten at museums, zoos, aquariums, etc. in the past it only made sense to us that we choose one of those instead to ensure higher quality fare at a reasonable price. I would definitely recommend to anyone who likes art museums. I only wish we had more time to view the Indian and Asian exhibits, but alas by the time we made it over there they were closing.

1  Thank demarcost
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very nice way to spent a few hours. A very broad variety of art presented in an interesting sort off neoclassical building. Get a coupon for the entry at nearly all attraction displays. Pricey, but gourmet style cafe.