“More German potato salad, please”

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #24 of 908 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Tacoma, Washington
“More German potato salad, please”
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Stopped here on a 3D recommendation for a take-out snack. The place was packed and diners at the outdoor picnic tables seemed to be inhaling their food. We ordered mullet spread and potato salad, and our waitress was a hoot. I thought the fish spread was a little strong, but my husband loved it. And we both thought the potato salad was crazy good.

Mount Dora, Florida
“Sorry To Have Bothered You”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

As a long time Floridian, I enjoy mullet. Ted Peters has good smoked mullet, but not so good that I will every go back again. My first visit will be my last visit.

I went with local friends, a couple, to Ted Peters on Wednesday September 29, 2010, at 645 pm. The restaurant was not crowded, and we were greeted promptly by a waitress who has never taken a smile lesson. She looked as if she had been secretly drinking vinegar in the kitchen.

We all ordered the smoked mullet dinner. Man No. 1 ordered Chardonnay, Man No. 2 ordered water, and Woman ordered Merlot. The elderly waitress who served us screwed up the order and brought one Chardonnay for Woman and two waters for the men. Then she acted very peeved when we pointed out the error.

Our food came promptly and the mullet was tasty. At about 720pm I began to notice the waitress giving us pained looks as she continually looked at her watch. She repeatedly came back to the table to take away our plates even though we hadn't finished. She said the kitchen needed the plates so the could watch them. Finally about 740pm her impatience with us was so obvious I asked her what time they closed.

She said 730pm, we've been closed now for 15 minutes and we'd like to go home.

Maybe the hours were posted on the door. I didn't notice it, but at this point I don't care. We won't be back.

2 Thank FloridaBackroads
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Ted Fish's Smoked Peters”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Told to go here and try the fish spread by a native, When we reported back that it was terrible he laughed and said, "isn't it"? He'd sent us there as a joke. Funny, after gagging on the fish spread I thought I'd never like Mullet. But I do. I like it smoked at many places like the Commercial Fisherman's festival at Cortez and at Babaloo's in St Pete, just not here.

1 Thank sdsdps
Jupiter. Florida
“Food was good, maybe the staff could smile”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The smoked mullet was very good, and the german Potato salead was great! I personally did not like the smoked fish dip, since with pickle relish it is more like tuna salad than fish dip, yet everything else was tasty. The staff was really funny, strickly business, not very frendly, I got some Potato salad to go and the waitress finally warmed up and told me how to properly reheat it (not microwave), once she started talking about the food, she was fine, otherwise the staff should learn to be a bit friendlier. Good food!

Texas
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This place was a taste of old-fashioned Florida. Excellent smoked fish, can definitely tell where they got their reputation. Very reasonably priced for this type of food and this kind of quality.