“Fabulous”

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #22 of 894 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We happened to drive past and see the open bar front & tables from the road - definitely locals, not tourists, having lunch there, so we turned round & went in. (Probably hypocritical seeing as we're half-the-year Brit RV visitors to the US each year, but we prefer real-deal places...)

After reading the menu and then standing at the bar waiting either to order or be told to have a seat, we stood for a full 5 minutes until I asked one the free waitresses how it worked. Her reply was helpful & friendly, and we sat at the bar and got served straight away after that.

I had the fish spread sandwich on wholemeal and my wife had the roasted chicken sandwich. She loved hers, and I was really knocked out by the fish spread - it was just the best! Really tasty and special, and this from a small-time seafood fan. The fish spread was grouper, my first time but for sure not my last. :)

• Visited May 2014

“Fab smoked fish!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Don't go anywhere else for smoked fish in the area for smoked to go. We did not eat there, so I can not give more stars. But we take smoked homed and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy....!

Visited May 2014
Reno, Nevada
“Just the way I wanted it!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting my sister in St. Pete and neither of us felt like cooking. Betty suggested Ted Peters and having been there a few years back, I was all for it.
We both had burgers, so I can't comment on the smoked fish.
We were waited on promptly by two waitresses! The first gave a setup and took our drink orders. I requested a warm mug for my beer and she didn't question my request. Betty's root beer mug had ice crystals on it to her liking.
The second one took our food order and when I asked for my burger to be VERY rare (brown it on one side, flip and melt the cheese), she said no problem. And that's the way it came. The condiments were plentiful enough to make a side salad. Betty's potato salad was big enough that we shared it.
I'm going back in April of next year and I will recommend it to friends that will be visiting us.

1 Thank Robert H
FORT SMITH, AR
“Wow! So Good.”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband I ordered the fish dip and crackers and the smoked mackerel dinner for lunch. We ate it for lunch, we ate leftovers for dinner and finished it up the next day for a snack. Loved the coleslaw and German potato salad too. Also, cheap beer. The mackerel had to be 14" long, just a few bones on the tail end that the waitress picked out for you, smoked perfectly and very moist. If we lived here we would have to eat this weekly. Careful, they close at 6:00 pm.

• Visited April 2014
“The place to go for smoked fish!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had a great, nostalgic smoked fish dinner with the yummiest German potato salad! Used to come here when I lived in St. Pete in the late 60's, early 70's. Dinner hasn't changed and the iced beer mugs are great. Super service, friendly wait staff (even tho' they had to work on Easter Sunday). This is a must for anyone who enjoys smoked fish.

• Visited April 2014