“Smoked fish at it's finest”

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #24 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Ted Peters is famous for smoked fish including mahi-mahi, salmon, mackerel, and mullett.

Any smoked fish offering is tasty. (Mullett tends to be very boney)

A treat is a hamburger or cheeseburger at Ted Peters. Yummy.

Their smoked fish spread can be a meal in itself and is served with saltine crackers.

Whether lunch or dinner, if you leave hungry, it's your fault.

Cash ONLY with ATM on site.

It's really good!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

So much to love about Ted Peters! The smoked mullet alone is worth a trip (I live in Orlando), but add in the genuine beach ambience -- touch of old Florida. Love this place!!! I've been there many many times.

1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed October 19, 2013

There's a reason why Ted Peters has been in business since the 1950's. They make the best smoked fish and fish spread you'll ever eat. The only time I have ever ate better smoked fish was when my Grandfather was still alive in the mid 1970s. And he modestly claimed that Ted Peter's was better than his. (I disagree, but then again I was just a kid.)
I am a native Floridian, but I've traveled around the globe. I still think Ted Peters' is the best.
One time when I was stationed in Okinawa Japan I met a Japanese man who had visited my home in Florida, He said "Oh! Ted Peters' " :) That really made me smile.
It may be just a little smoke shack, and may not have any fluffy froo froo atmosphere. But if you really want good fish and cold beer.... Go! You wont regret it. (P.S. You don't have to eat it there, get it to go if you want to.)

1  Thank SuzieAdvien
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stopped in to get some smoked salmon to use in a salad.
It was delicious. Quick and easy pick up at the get it and go window.

1  Thank djhgosem
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My partner has been going to this place almost since it opened 50 years ago. And she always gets the same thing (so of course, so do I), the smoked mullet with cole slaw and German potato salad. One serving is enough for the two of us, although we do get extra cole slaw. We love the tastes of the smoked mullet contrasted with the tang of the cole slaw and the creaminess of the potato salad. We don't eat there, just pick up an order and go to the beach or wherever with it. It's just plain good food. The service is good as well; loved the woman working at the outside bar where I ordered our take out. Delightful person. Thanks for being there for us.