“Delicious and reliable!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #19 of 892 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tallahassee, Florida
“Delicious and reliable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My partner has been going to this place almost since it opened 50 years ago. And she always gets the same thing (so of course, so do I), the smoked mullet with cole slaw and German potato salad. One serving is enough for the two of us, although we do get extra cole slaw. We love the tastes of the smoked mullet contrasted with the tang of the cole slaw and the creaminess of the potato salad. We don't eat there, just pick up an order and go to the beach or wherever with it. It's just plain good food. The service is good as well; loved the woman working at the outside bar where I ordered our take out. Delightful person. Thanks for being there for us.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Fish spread bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I have read some of the marginal reviews and have to say, if you go to a restaurant that is called Ted Peters SMOKED FISH, the. Get the smoked fish! The fish spread is amazing! Whenever I am in town you can find me eating lunch here.
I go for the fish spread with the crackers, add the German potato salad and an ice tea and you are in heaven.
The fish spread is perfectly executed. The atmosphere is great. The German potato salad is served warm with bacon and onions and it is hearty. This is easily a meal that can be share by two people. Definitely worth the stop.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Everybody Loves This Places and Raves”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everybody Raves about this place. But I don't get it. To me it's not that great. I don't like the fish spread. I think the hamburgers are average, There is absolutely nothing here that makes me think it is special except that they smoke their own fish and that is something they are know for. SO, if you like smoked fish.....AND I DON'T, everyone I KNOW SAYS, this is the greatest place to go. If you don't care about smoked fish. Then skip it. There are better burgers elsewhere.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank sokemike
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“It's all about the smoke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our server was fantastic and friendly, explained the restaurant to us and offered us samples of their smoked fish spread and German potato salad. Both were delicious. The fish spread has a slight sweetness to it from the relish which cuts through the heaviness of fish. The potato salad was tender and dressed with vinegar, bacon, and scallions. Really good. Had the smoked mullet dinner (the only good way to eat mullet). Smoked for hours over Georgia Red Oak, the fish was flavorful and tender. With a squeeze of lemon and a little salt, I enjoyed every bite of my 3/4 lb fillet. The limited menu ensures quality over quantity. Love the old-timey feel, too. This should be a regular stop for locals and a must stop for visitors.

Gainesville, Florida
“Another Excellent Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

One can be skeptical when one reads all the good reviews for Ted Peters, however in this case they are all correct. This is a must stop for a number of reasons. First the uniqueness of the menu and the opportunity to have fish prepared in this manner. Secondly not only the fish but every item on the menu is extremely fresh and prepared to perfection. Great flavors and tastes that are extremely well balanced. Nothing is too spicy, too salty, too dry, too creamy, too oily, too anything, but just perfect. Selections are not cheap, but fish dinners are more than enough for 2 people, but don't split an order. Instead take home the leftovers for another great meal. Yes it is hard to choose, but by all means do not miss out on the fish spread. It is the best that I have ever had and so fresh tasting. Yes if you do not eat fish, the hamburgers are great and prepared again to perfection. How great can a hamburger be? You'll see. Yes the sides cole slaw and german potato salad are the best too. You will regret visiting St Petersburg without stopping at Ted Peters.