“Must love fish”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
St. John's
“Must love fish”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

If you love seafood, do yourself a favor and go here. Don't let the "shack by the side of the road" exterior turn you off, it's all part of the charm. Fish was excellent and the sides were amazing. Unfortunately, 2 of our 4 guests weren't seafood lovers so there wasnt much to satisfy them. The chicken sandwich was lackluster but the burgers that other tables were enjoying looked good. My only complaint would be that the salmon doesn't come in a lunch portion and even for a lunch portion, the serving sizes were humongous. This food was very good and the restaurant was clean and service prompt. Would recommend.

Arlington, VA
“Divine smoked fish”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We did take out. Had the best German potato salad I have ever had. Sure didn't expect that from a fish joint in Florida. But it was perfectly made with bits of smoky bacon. Then there was the fish. We ordered a pound of smoked salmon for $20 and it was worth every penny. Rich and silky it was the best smoked fish I have ever tasted. Wow -- two dishes, two "bests." I was swooning. Don't miss this place.

“Old school fish smoke house.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Fresh smoked fish they way it's meant to be. Great value for lunch and dinner. Huge portions of freshly smoked fish. Get there early as some fish sell out quick. Not a fancy place. But who needs fancy when you serve food like they do.

Ocala, Florida
“Fantastic Smoked Fish”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The place looks like it has been there since the 50's with covered outside seating. The aroma of the smoked fish is wonderful and the portions are hug. My wife and myself split a smoked salmon dinner plate that we could hardly finish. The New England soup is great too. The only regret we have is that we could not bring back the smoked fish home since we had to leave before the opened the next day. Make sure you try fish spread too. Once you eat here you will understand why it has been around since 1955. Great service too.

Visited February 2013
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
“Plentiful and good. Unique experience.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We chose to eat outside. It is liking having a picnic. This place is right along the road so it reminded me of eating at an ice cream stand or hot dog spot along the road while on a trip. My husband and I ordered a dinner salmon meal and a lunch portion of mahi-mahi. The dinner meal comes with german potato salad and coleslaw. We ended up taking over half of what we ordered. I wish we had ordered the dinner meal and paid the extra $2 for an extra plate and fork. The meal comes with a small dish of smoked fish spread ( sort of like tuna salad but not really - it is 50% of 2 different kinds of smoked fish). It is not a cheap meal but is very budget friendly for a fish dinner and the amount of food you get. You can eat inside - but we didn't even look inside so I can't say anything about that part. Very casual, good service and attention as well.

• Visited February 2013