“Not the Ted Peters I Remember”

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish
Ranked #23 of 907 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Seminole, Florida, United States
“Not the Ted Peters I Remember”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well our visit was not what I remembered from the old Ted Peters. I haven't been to Ted Peters in probably four years. We met at the restaurant, with multiple family members to include grandparents, parents and Kids totaling 8 people seated at two tables back to back. The restaurant was not very busy during our visit. We had numerous questions about their small menu, to include portion sizes. The waitress seemed like we were a bother. She spent as little time at the table as possible.
Once our meals arrived, the smoked mullet was very good. Wish I could say the same for the smoked fish spread and seafood chowder. I found both to be very bland! Had to add salt, pepper and hot sauce to give any real flavor. Lets just say I was very disappointed with our visit. Guess it will be another four years before I visit again.

• Visited December 2012

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Smoked Fish the Right Way”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the way smoked fish is prepared, just like the "old neighborhood". This kind of place seems to be dying off, but this one will be here forever. If you are a smoked fish fan, don't miss this place.

1 Thank MikePromotes
St Petersburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top quality smoked fish”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I like their smoked fish. The catch is that they have two different menus. One for dining in, and the other for takeout. And the two shall never cross. You can't order from the takeout menu while seated in the restaurant. It's a little annoying. You may want to ask for a sample of the smoked fish spread before ordering as sometimes they are heavy handed with the salt, but when they are not, It's top notch.

Visited December 2012
“best BIG smoked fish”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

famous, but still cosy fish-shad. outdoor feeling. nice smoked salmon with a glass of milk. also burgers e.d.

• Visited November 2012
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Best Smoked Fish!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a quaint dining venue with the BEST smoked fish I've ever tasted! Love, love, love this place!